Horner's syndrome - New diagnosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with Horners Syndrome and am trying to get the right medical assessment of the condition. Hopefully I can find someone who can explaine it? Does anyone have any advice as to who is best placed in understanding this condition.  I have been diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis - so this is I think where the cause is but I think that I am assuming this. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I've just read the wikipedia entry for horner's syndrome and there is a list of causes. Probably cervical but could also be something simple like an inner ear infection. What tests have the drs. done?
    • Posted

Hi Donna

You're my first response- dosnt seem to be a condition many people have heard of here.

I'm currently waiting for a CT scan - my optician found it( very good reputation in community for spotting unusual conditions) and gps are referring me onto Newcastle. They think it could be related to some neurological impairments - I also gave cervical spondylitis in the area where these nerves go through.

What's your understanding of it?

Simon

• Posted

Good that the Doctor noticed! Did he say that your pupils weren't the same size? Do you know if he said it was preganglionic? Do you have any symptoms? Let me know and I'll see what I can find out for you.
    • Posted

Yes my pupils are different sizes and I have the dropping eyelids - As to preganglionic no information I have only been seen by Optician and GP as yet - Hopefully soon to more specilist diagnosis - I think that the CT Scan is going to be helpful - I'm keeping away from Wiki and other sites as my wait is long for anything to happen in my neck of the woods and the last thing I want to do is catasrophise this issue - I've already had enough of that with the chest xray for the lung cancer related to horners syndrome. 
    • Posted

That's a good idea. Online symptom sites just make you fearful. Did you get results back from the chest X-ray? I've read that Horners has many causes, including heredity. Is that a word? Lol. For some reason it doesn't look right. I wonder if you've done anything in your work or sports-wise that could have compressed the nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.