Horray I'm home ladies!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone, well I'm home, after weeing OK and measurements

Acceptable. I didn't have a good night if I'm honest,very uncomfortable

With that awful catheter. The pack wasn't to bad,it was the feeling someone

Had put a pencil in my pee hole. I was so glad to get it all out. I'm drinking

Lots and peeing lots lots,its a little sensitive and I'm afraid to even touch

My vagina let alone look.I will not be doing that that's for sure.I have my cranberry

Tablets so invade I have a uti,I'm preventing by drinking apple cider vinegar, with honey and warm water.

I intend to rest rest and rest.matron I was told that I have to wear the stockings

For 2 weeks😕 is that true. I intend to moved around every hour and stretch my legs.

Is it also common to wee a bit more, I am drinking though.Your all been

Very caring, I can't thank you all enough. Lots of love and I'll keep in touch.

I'm glad to say I don't have much pain😘😘😘😘😘

2 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi great to here op over and you survived LOL. So glad for you must be real relief that's its finally done. Now for hardest part, being sensible and doing absolutely nothing for 2 weeks. I ventured out just to water garden after first week and almost passed out in garden. I felt great before I went out. It was another furthjer 2 weeks before I tried again this time just to shopping centre with daughter for one shop round trip totalled 2hrs, I collapsed exhausted when I got in and slept for 10hrs. After that I only did small walks around the block or in the garden like ciscuits that way if I felt unwell or needed to get to tiolet in a rush or god forbid i had to clan myself up after incident I could without too much fuss as I found my bladder and bowel were really in my control in the first 6 weeks. Yes I got the message but if I didn't go straight away then the next time I got the warning it was too late and I didn't have any control to stop it. I went into work to fix a problem at 5 weeks and had such an incident. So please just rest up it is only a short period of time. Wish I had rested up more in early days. Back full time at work now at 9 weeks post op and spec says not healing/ recovering as quickly as he would like but needs must and bills wait for no one. I just rest up when I get home. Yes I found I drank like a fish , think tablets and op dehydrate you and don't forget you werent allowed to drink before the op. Happy healing so happy for you xx
    • Posted

Thanks tilley,yes I intend to do nothing for2weeks ad my husband off with me.he is cutting the lawn 😁😁😁.I'm feeling pretty good,no pain but aware I can't do nothing. I'm drinking lots and peeing

lots,derives me mafd but I guess that's normal after anterior repair, right matron? Thanks for update love

Very supportive. Take care.xxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl sorry I've not been here but for some reason I keep getting logged out then my password won't work😡

Anyway glad you're home and doing well X lots of rest and be spoiled . I hope you're like me and sail through most of it I've had a couple of little hiccups but nothing too bad X did I send you the guide I had for activities post op? Happy to send if I haven't already xxx take care X big hugs 🌹

• Posted

Thanks ..yes I'm doing good hun can't believe I'm not hasvingANY

pain.gosh my surgeon is amazing lol I could kiss him!!!! 😊😊😊

I'm sitting up in bed with a tray of tea, my cranberry tabs and my tablet

Which I'm on now typing to all you wonderful ladies😘😘😘😘

I intend to rest and that it.I've had my post op appointment for

May 30th.lots of love.xxxx

• Posted

Whoop whoop ! This is what we said, that you'd be here after your op wondering why you worried so much 😂

Enjoy being looked after 🌹💐💞 xx

• Posted

Yes you did say that.is this normal to have no pain??😊 I'm not

Complaining mind you.😁😁

• Posted

Don't forget it can take a few days for effects of anesthetic to wear off properly. So still got to be careful.

Healing hugs

Xx💖

• Posted

Yes. Hun that's correct. I'm not doing nothing lol just relaxing on my sofa

I'm being extra cautious if anything.. I do walk around every half hour and do

A circuit round the house 😂😂😂😂 jusdt to keep the blood

Pumping.thanks four your thoughts Phyllis. Xxx

• Posted

How are you doing hun? Hope yuou ate doing well. You must be glasf your

At the end of your tunnel hun? Time marches on for us all!!! Hugsxxx

• Posted

Yes feel like I'm doing really well thus time round, hubby notices difference, moving more freely abd purposely up and around house, just starting some of the heavier household tasks, and trying to up walking time. Enjoying the sun, my back garden is well sheltered like a sun trap so nice and warm. Making the most of it, usually miss the sun while at work and rains on days off.

Sometimes a bit sore at night, but always recovered by morning, trying to do more every day without overdoing it, so hard to judge. At least at home can sit down and rest between bouts of activity.

Enjoy the rest while you can, you'll be back on feet before you know it.

Take care

Phylxx☺☺☺

• Posted

Hi Welshgirk, I only had pain the first day also, And since then I've never had pain. So it's not so weird. Lucky you my darling!

It's true that when the tissues start to heal, after a month in my case the stitches and the mesh pull and can cause something like feeling tight inside, feeling that the prolapse is gonna come again and weird sensations like feeling like if you have something inside... So if you have those sensations in the next weeks do not worry, it is normal. Hugsssssss enjoy your rest!!!! 😘😘

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl,

You were asking this morning about what to use in shower for washing fem-bits.

Suggested using soap called 'simple', it's perfume and colum free and therfore should not cause any irrational.

Any how I just used what I normally use 'dove' without any problems, as all stitches internal , and only the end of a stitch at posterior end causing iritation.

Hope this helps, this mornings discussions seem to have been pulled out by modulator so not sure if you got any replies.

Phyl xx☺

• Posted

Sorry should say ' colour free' and ' not cause irratation '
    • Posted

Thanks Phyllis, very kind.I thought I djust sdtick to warm water for now.I'm a bijt nervous you see.xxx
    • Posted

Even though you  have internal stitches it's wise to be cautious because they can still get wet which is why having a bath is sometimes not recommended. I could only have showers for 6 weeks and used a special feminine wash that you can buy at chemists. I still use the wash now. 
    • Posted

First time I had the op I barely touched down below , felt the same way didn't want to upset anything. So just had quick rinse and pat dry! It's only natural to be cautious!

Phyl xx

• Posted

We all find things that suit us that may not suit another lady. The vagina is actually self cleaning but it's nice to just feel that extra bit clean x
    • Posted

I think I will just use warm water down there for the first 2 weeks just to be safe.

Then buy the specialized one you recommended matron. I don't want thrush😊😊

• Posted

I know its safe to use but I'm afraid😘😘
    • Posted

There is something much better than that. I've told welshgirl by pm as I wasn't sure it would be removed but it is available at chemists and something we recommend in hospital. The good thing is it costs less than £5
    • Posted

Gillian, I use femfresh wipes ; dermaoclogically and gynecologically tested.

Not had any problems and do not cause any irratation. But have noted that matron says to still be careful as stitches could still get wet.

Phyl xx

• Posted

As long as you are careful phyllis it won't be a problem. The internal sutures can cope with a small amount of water and as you point out you use something that is gynaecologically tested you are safe.
    • Posted

That's good to know, I did not use wipes until about 2/3 weeks as was scared I would pull on loose stitches, when I did first time I was rather to harsh and caused spot bleeding. Anyhow pretty sure all healed now and like to use wipes after peeing just to stay fresh as sometimes spot leak!

Thanks matron,

Phyl xx

Appreciate advice!☺☺☺

• Posted

Hi, I am still very swollen splashed water on but washed properly and dried outside I would be scared to dab inside x
    • Posted

You don't need to dab inside. Just leave it to dry on it's own so don't put any underwear on and lie down for a little while x
    • Posted

Thank you matron, I don't like underwere at moment but need to stay clean.

• Posted

Remember Gillian your vagina will clean itself as well 
    • Posted

When I shower I wash my body with my gel then I jusdt gently hold shower around my parts and let the water

Tricvkle over.I dent use the shower sprasy inside ouch😮😮😮

Soap in thee vasgina ruins the pH level in our skin anyway unless its

A specialized one like the ones mentioned. We have good bacteria in the vagina that keep us healthy. And that

The end of your biology class😂😂😂😂😂😂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.