Horray I'm home ladies!!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi everyone, well I'm home, after weeing OK and measurements

Acceptable. I didn't have a good night if I'm honest,very uncomfortable

With that awful catheter. The pack wasn't to bad,it was the feeling someone

Had put a pencil in my pee hole. I was so glad to get it all out. I'm drinking

Lots and peeing lots lots,its a little sensitive and I'm afraid to even touch

My vagina let alone look.I will not be doing that that's for sure.I have my cranberry

Tablets so invade I have a uti,I'm preventing by drinking apple cider vinegar, with honey and warm water.

I intend to rest rest and rest.matron I was told that I have to wear the stockings

For 2 weeksπŸ˜• is that true. I intend to moved around every hour and stretch my legs.

Is it also common to wee a bit more, I am drinking though.Your all been

Very caring, I can't thank you all enough. Lots of love and I'll keep in touch.

I'm glad to say I don't have much pain😘😘😘😘😘

2 likes, 110 replies

110 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Welshgirl im so happy for you! Hope you let your family take care of you! As you say resting is crucial, so try to enjoy now all the time you have only for you 😊. Happy you have no pain! Big hugs!
    • Posted

Hi hun,thankyou so much.everyone been so so thoughtful.I was surprised I'm not in pain my surgeon must

Be a good seams master hahahaha.m surprises if I'm honest. Taking paracetamol every few hrs..my surgeon

Has done 8,000of these repairs, quite a few hey.lotsd of love. Xxx

• Posted

Can't understand why I don't have pain! I'm not complaining mind you.

I think my mind just went nuts before hand true to imagine what it was like.

I didn't have many stitches when I had my children, only 2i think. Anyway

Ladies I'm resting up with legs on cushions and my sexy socks on..I'm still afraid

To have a forceful wee, just to test out the stream invade I burst lol

Matron must be laughing reading thisπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ but I want to really

Help all I can to heal.I haven't be for a poo yet but when I left the ward

The nurse said to by magnesium hydro something for bowels,a anyone know

What this is like.don't want stomach pasins with it.πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž

• Posted

Yes I'm laughing but was wondering what pasins are 😭😭😭
    • Posted

PainsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ sorryxx
    • Posted

Its called magnesium hydroxide matron.should I take this. And if so

Will it give me crampsπŸ’•πŸ’•

• Posted

I worked that out πŸ˜‚. Magnesium is supposed to be good for your bowels. I'm sure someone else will know the best sort to buy xx
    • Posted

I'm not really familiar with magnesium. It might be better to wait and see if you manage to go naturally. I know it has been discussed before xx
    • Posted

OK yes you know me I'd rather go naturally but afraid. I'll burst myselfπŸ˜•xx
    • Posted

I had no pain either, and what I thought was cuff pain I've figured out is actually bladder and intestinal pain because of where it's situated. Just to warn you, it all looks a bit strange in the first few weeks, bulges, swelling etc, I thought mine had failed at one point. Didn't look for a week until last night and I'm totally thrilled! I so wish I'd done it years ago. I also though my mild rectocele was going to cause problems after the op because it all feels so different, but that seems fine now too. I did nothing for two weeks, just walked round the house for 5 mins every hour or so. Spent most of the time horizontal. I still only walk for 30 mins at a time and am not intending on doing anything I don't need to for a long time. It's just not worth it. X
    • Posted

Thanks Rosie,I don't intend to look hun,not going to worry myself.

Swelling takes weeks to heal doesn't it.healing hugs.xx

• Posted

You won't burst and as you've has a bladder repair it should be easier but you could always get some stool softeners from the chemist. They would take 2-3 days to work but it would help you pass the stools much easier x
    • Posted

OK matron I will send my husband up the chemist.he will be pleased😁

Any name for them?

• Posted

I'll send you a PM in case the post has to be moderated x
    • Posted

I was the same rosie71,

I did nothing for 1st 2/3 weeks (except school washing), then only some light dusting and a handful of light washing such as undies and school wear, light lunches, and of course started daily short walks. But from 6/7, now trying to cope with more my fit for work line runs out at 10 weeks so trying to time how long I'm on my feet and how long I can sit upright .

You are quite right to take it easy and take as long as you can , buy a comfy garden seat and make the most of the summer!

Happy healing,

Phyl xx☺☺☺

• Posted

Well not home and won't be going home, they took the Cathiter out at 6.30am by 11am I was in serviour pain so they drained my bladder, I then kept trying and still only drops so they put the cathiter back in, I am fealling very emotional.

the staff nurse said I need to let everything rest be four they remove it againΒ 

any hints or tips welcom x

• Posted

Are yuou drinking lots hun? I berlerive this keeps things moving hun.

I'm thinking of you while I rest.πŸ’•πŸ’•

• Posted

So sorry to hear that you needed to have catheter put back in, and won't be getting home today. Do your best to drink lots and lots of water, keep them on their toes changing the bags! Im sure Matron will be able to help you best!

Hope things improve this evening and you finally get catheter out again and maybe home tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for you

Phyl xxπŸ’–

• Posted

Oh sorry to hear this Gillian but it does happen fairly often. Your bladder sounds as though it is bruised and needs to rest and so do you. So just relax as much as possible, try not to get too upset or anxious because that won't help your recovery. If it means another night in hospital so be it because it's better to get this sorted out. If you're in pain tell the nursing staff and ask for painkillers because that will also help relax your bladder. Keep in touch, we are all thinking about you xx
    • Posted

Yes Phyllis thasts the key.they told med for a small Lady I was passing lots.I did drink lots oif water

And it does help loads.xxx

• Posted

Do you know people this as happened to Matron and did it work the next day anxious x
    • Posted

Yes it happens quite frequently to be honest. Please don't worry xx
    • Posted

It sounds like your bladder went into spasms.xx drink,drink and drink.

I think that will keep things moving.that's whast they told me to do.xxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl! Im Sorry I couldn't answer before but just to say that I take Carbonatum of Magnesium which is softer than Hidrox. It doesn't give cramps, I recommend it but not too much only one spoon at night after digestion every other day. I'm from Spain and I buy it in pharmacies Hugs!!!! Hope it will help
    • Posted

Hi Gillian X so sorry you're not home as fast as you wanted but best to get it sorted and at least you're resting while in hospital X hope you're home tomorrow and feeling much better X big hugs 🌹
    • Posted

I am fealling more posative today lets see what happens after 2pm

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.