Horrible menopause ride!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Okay, as most know I am having a horrible HORRIBLE menopause panic attacks 24/7 anxiety 24/7 weak everythings crying spells , hormones has my sugar everywhere very low and then high yada yada! SWEATS -HOTFLASHES -NERVONESS OUT OF THIS WORLD! Etc! My question is : IS it possible to get through this or at least till symtoms level out (Lord only knows how long that will be) without been forced to take medical drugs ??? Has wine helped anybody thats going through the same symptoms as me?  I have NOONE to chat with cant even find anyone on net. Because it's hard to get mind on something else while you try to survive the almost non stop attacks! ANYways is it possible to get through this without having to be forced to take medical drugs! 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Crosado..

Wine made it hundred times worst for me! Stopped alcohol caffeine and sugar..

I never took anything and I'm going through this almost 7 years!! I have good days and bad days in between, special the week after my period which is right now..I'm scared and anxious about everything! Nervous that bad things will happen, bad headaches, stomach issues, body aches all over! I got it all!

I don't take any medications other then vitamin D multi vitamin and drink chamomile tea helps me to calm down.

Please write anytime you want to talk!

Feel better will get better smile

Xxxx

• Posted

I'm pretty sure wine would be a band-aid not the cure.  I just want you to know that I care and understand.  I know nothing about any of your symptoms because I am on a learning curve myself and when I read some of these posts, it's comforting to know I'm not alone but freaks me out too realizing how long this might take and I need strength!  Stay strong, my friend, and know that you are in my thoughts .

• Posted

Is there a cure?  Wine has much less side affects then all their depression medicines and panic /anxiety meds.. stay strong welll thats an understatement lol But thanks!
  • Posted

I am a successful Realtor and the highest award winner in my company! All during the last 8 years of the worse, HORRENDOUS symptoms possible.

It truly feels like it will never end. I can literally copy and paste your comments and the other threads as if they were mine. I cry, kick, scream, feel the lowest of lows just to get out the door. I do the bare minimum when I show houses and hide all the pain I'm going thru. My clients have no idea.

I only take vitamins, herb tea and on occasion as much wine that I can escape the hour or two of feeling like I'm in a Twilight Zone Movie. The problem with wine is it's so temporary because you feel like crap for the next two days but sometimes you just gotta do it.

I'm told by many others that meds are a big relief, but once you stop taking hormones, you're back to

The place you left off.

Who ever told us it would be like this??!!!

• Posted

you are so right Jamie, no one prepared us for this!!

never ending every day something different and stops for a few days and we start back up again!

• Posted

From my experience alcohol doesn't help and I found it made me feel worse. Iv posted many times about my mood problems through Peri menopause and if you are experiencing hormone imbalance like I was until you have them balanced again everything else is just a bandaid. I don't have sugar or processed foods. I have low body fat and go to the gym most days but it did nothing to help my hormones and my terrible depression, nervous anxiety etc. If your hormones are out of wack it will affect everything including blood sugar. I don't think anyone will have an easy answer for you. Maybe start looking for a doctor who specializes in hormones. They ate out there.

• Posted

I have been through it all and still get anxiety in the morning or any other time I feel stressed just a little.  The best thing I do is get comfort from meditation.   In my situation I meditate on Jesus love with a track.  It really settles my nerves.  I also walk lots and try to get right into anything fun with my grandson.  I am seeing a naturepath who gives me a vitamin B coctail and a high Dose of vitamin D.  I keep praying for strength so I can keep going.  I had to quit a high stress job just to normalize my blood pressure.  This isn't a great time for some of us women

• Posted

Hey! You're not alone!!!  I am going through this right now, although it has improved a bit since the time I first experienced the attacks.

I suggest for you to do a lot of deep breathing exercises, meditation and swimming.  These will greatly improve your anxiety and panic attacks.  I researched for an all-natural pills and found Estro Vive.  It has helped me so far.  Try reading about it first before taking the medical drugs route.

Chat me anytime..I work from home and would welcome a few breaks.

You'll be fine!!! xoxo

• Posted

Thanks,  are we allowed to share cell number to send text for quick support when u need it
    • Posted

private message your phone number should be finesmile
  • Posted

Thank god for this site. You will find support.....as all of us are suffering. You should consult with your doctor for antidepressant meds or hormones. I am in the process of sorting out my meds....have been going thru a horrible spell of anxiety, depression, and OCD. Doctor said that all existing issues are amplified during peri. Wine does help and is sometimes absolutely necessary. Yes it is a bandage, but it can be temporarily calming. And as much as I hate to admit it, Ativan is my last resort (very low dose). Meditatation and breathing exercises are helpful. Back on Paxil 40 mg next week. Praying it kicks in
    • Posted

I'm scare of those medicines I was prescribed Lexapro but the side affects was deadly NOT taking them I didnt even pick it up from drugstore. 

• Posted

This describes me exactly. I'm 48 and had one period since January. Cold flashes, chills, hot flashes, blood sugar levels all crazy, low blood pressure. Crying, crazy anxiety, scared, headaches, buzzing/vibrating sensations, nausea, it goes on... I have left my work and studies from the stress and I am unable to leave the house as I am so trembly and sensitive. I used to be so strong and able. 😔

• Posted

Me too Lisa! PLUS I'm to scare to take anything! 

• Posted

Just like me. I just hope this transition is not a long one, and I can't wait to feel great again and participate in life!

• Posted

Hi Lisa,I  was reading your message, and I must say I have this too is such a scary experience for us all,but I must say it gets better with time i couldn't sleep or eat properly and wouldn't go out the house not even to my friends I feel like I was fighting with myself at times,everthing you do is a effort..things got bit better for me now but still do have issues but not like when I first started it was so horrible, try and fight it will get better you will be able to function again what ever is bothering you I promise cry if you have too talk to yourself Lol it helps believe you me and don't forget to talk God before you go to bed and tell him how you feel with out him I don't know what would of happen not just with meno but other things too, so you hang on in there God bless.

• Posted

Thanks Maria, it's great to know I'm not alone. The emotional ride is scary as it makes me feel out of control and that increases my anxiety. I have been through so much in my life and this peri is resurfacing all my fears from my past and oh my they have a life of their own. Today I got my period and I don't know if I'm happy or sad about that. Thank you for your kind encouragement 🙏🏾

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.