Horrible Nausea, Feel Pregnant

Posted , 29 users are following.

Four years since thew hot flashes started, periods are now 4-5 months in between and I ahve had a slough of crazy symptoms! I am 54, and probably have experienced the worst case of nausea yet as a PMS symptom, literally have been feeling like I could throw up for days. Not only that but smell has become intense....walked into the grocery store and the smell from the fresh seafood section nearly made me hurl. I have had to keep trash out of the house as my nose has been sensative just like I were pregnant. infact, fearing I was I had two pregnancy tests a week apart from one another and both were negative. Has anyone else experienced these type of symptoms during perimenopause? My doc tends to think it is normal.

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey I just read your post about nausea and menopause. I’m 46 and I have done 5 pregnancy tests all negative. I feel so sick to my stomach every day I’m bloated and feel like I’m going to get my period and nothing. My last period was beginning of May. Hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings and my hair texture has changed and I have lost so much hair. It’s defiantly traumatic. But feeling like this and migraines every day and no sleep is awful. I’m thinking about hormones, but am a little nervous. Any tips for the nausea?
  • Posted

I'm so glad I found this post ... I have been going crazy. Having periods every 3 months no major symptoms other than this ... until this last period. Took ages to come on and then bam 3 days in nausea. Actually feels like morning sickness all day. I can't stomach anything although I feel hungry and go into cold sweats when I try to eat. Period has been here for 10 days ... very light now... I'm hoping the nausea goes when it does. I had horrible morning sickness when pregnant I wonder if there is a connection !

• Posted

I'm so glad I found this post ... I have been going crazy. Having periods every 3 months no major symptoms other than this ... until this last period. Took ages to come on and then bam 3 days in nausea. Actually feels like morning sickness all day. I can't stomach anything although I feel hungry and go into cold sweats when I try to eat. Period has been here for 10 days ... very light now... I'm hoping the nausea goes when it does. I had horrible morning sickness when pregnant I wonder if there is a connection !

• Posted

47 here and started this awful journey Oct 2017.  I have recently experienced the nausea which comes a week or two before my periods.  I still have regular periods but they seem shorter and lighter this year.  Usually lasts for 3 days for me now when it used to last for 5 days.  My nausea comes and goes throughout the day.  One minute I can feel like I can't eat anything and then the next minute I am fine.  I feel like how I felt when I was pregnant so many years ago but of course I'm not pregnant!

• Posted

HI Tina, I am 41 and started this mess July 2017.  My periods have been lighter too the last 3 months and only lasting 2-3 days.  My symptoms, however, have been so much worse!  Especially this awful nausea right after.  Are yours closer together?  Mine have been every 21 days.  Last year they were all over, missing months, then heavy, blah, blah, blah! 😕

• Posted

Hi Lou!  I think mine have been pretty consistent, just shorter and less heavy.  I have never missed a period though.  But the nausea thing is a new one for me and I hate it.  It's like morning sickness all over again.  When I was pregnant with my two kids I had morning sickness for most of the duration.  Hated it.  Today it seems the nausea is okay.  Haven't felt it today but yesterday was a doozey.

• Posted

THanks Tina!  I think too the barometric pressure affects us too.  The weather has been been hot and heavy where I live.  I never had morning sickness with either of my pregnancies...payback, I guess😊

• Posted

Hi Tina. Been scrolling through these and you sound just like me. I have not had a period now for almost 12 months. My nausea started last December (so 11 months ago). I remember freaking out as I was hosting Xmas and had NO desire to even look at food.Then it came back in April, July, September and has been pretty constant.

Did yours like come in waves? I will be fine and then BAM feel like throwing up. It's more on than off lately. All my labs were great but still feel like I am dying of cancer or something.

When we go through this it's so comforting to be able to have places like this to chat with other woman who can relate!

Curious if my systems sound familiar.

• Posted

I'm glad I found this thread. I feel lime I have been going crazy. In fact I just took a pregnancy test which was negative. I'm 45 and got off birth control in October 2017. I have had only two periods since then. I was tested in January and the doctor said I was in perimenopause. I have been fine and then all of the suddent two weeks ago my boobs were sore and I felt bloated and nauseated. My breast tenderness has been on and off I feel like I'm going to start my oeriod any minute and feel sick on and off throughout the day. I loterally feel pregnat and it sicks acrually worse when I was a long time ago. I have added magnesium when I go to bed and zinc along with vitsmin D and B complex. Does anyone have ideas on how to aleviate this "nauseous".

• Posted

Yep, this nausea is for the birds. Have not had a period now for going on 12 months. This nausea seems to be getting more frequent and worse.

I don't have any other symptoms outside of an occasional belly twinge and my right shoulder blade feels tight all the time. All labs have come back perfect but for some reason I have a dark cloud of doom all the time thinking this is still something horrible like cancer.

Anybody else? My nausea is weird. I will feel good for a few hours and BAM, nausea and a hot flash. It's more on that off lately. Seems to come in waves!

• Posted

Hello,

I get nauseous on and off and have for years. I am post menopause 8 years now. I eat ginger chews and peppermint. It helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.