Horrible side effects Amlodophine

Posted , 11 users are following.

I’m on Amlodophine 10mg and feel horrible. I have heart palpatations  chest tightness and occasional dizziness.. just feel unwell. Only been on this dose 2-3 weeks  ( was on 5 but didn’t control pressure ) so wondering if it gets better with time or should I insist doctor change my meds. He disagreed when I told him what I was feeling, saying it’s rare. Might be but I know what I’m feeling. Anyone been thru this? 

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Bet your cardiologists hasnt taken it himself!! Glad to hear youre off of this awful drug. Hopefully you will soon get stronger and stronger shedding the effects of it. Grrr!!
  • Posted

Cynthia, I like your comment.  But the oddest thing is my cardio does take amlo and has good results.  He will, therefore, defend it to the death.  He screams at me when I bring up another bad side of that poison.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.