Hot flashes causes other symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer these everyday and 100%Hot flashes disrupt your life enough, but did you know they may also be associated with: • flushing and skin blotchiness • anxiety • increased heart rate • weakness • feeling trapped or suffocated What's more, hot flashes can begin 1-2 years before menopause and last up to 5 years after. Here's how to find reliefand these In addition to drenching perspiration, hot flashes may be associated with: flushing and skin blotchiness chills and shivering anxiety tingling, crawling skin sensation (formication) increased heart rate and/or palpitations weakness feeling trapped or suffocated

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The end of your post was a repeat of the beginning of your post. You started to say how to find relief but it just repeated what you had already said.

I'd like to know how to find relief. I have horrible anxiety and just don't feel like myself emotionally.

Thank you.

• Posted

Hi Sparky I got the infomation from the Woman's Health Site but I wasnt allowed to share what they use I was afraid it wouldn't post. Not sure if I can share the link here or not if so I will..

• Posted

Ok. Thank you. I will see if I can find that site.

I feel so bad. I don't feel like myself. I am going to try acupuncture on Wednesday. I need relief somehow, someway.

Take care.

• Posted

Do you mean hot flashes aren't necessarily just getting hot but bring other symptons too?

How long do your symptons last when you get them per day?

• Posted

Yes! Mine last for hours most time at least half a day... Sometimes all day and sometimes nights are better ..Mornings and half the day is worse on me! I am suffering from all of that 100% The anxiety and panic attacks and internal nervouness is the worst and hardest for me to deal with and the blasted weakness !  I got that from the womans health site..
    • Posted

Mine is worse also in morning and midday and gets better in the evening. I have internal nervousness also

Especially in the stomach which i think mainly from my stomach issue. I have lost a lot of weight due to I can't eat certain foods because of it. The anxiety doesn't make it any better.

I keep saying "this too shall pass".

• Posted

Mine is worse in the morning and afternoon too. If I wake up before 9 am I feel ok but the longer I am up it gets worse.

Sugar makes my anxiety worse.

• Posted

My period was longer and heavier this month and farther apart. I went 33 days this month and it was heavier .Last month was shorter and lighter.

I had a really good appetite yesterday but today lack of appetite and naseau when I eat. I can't afford to lose any more weight.

Have you had any problems with eating?

• Posted

my interenal nervousness is in my hands arms and overaLL body.  Mary I have the stomach issues too I have no gallbladders, hiatal hernia, divertisculisis  :-( and had hyplori ! Sometimes even at night this stuff hits BUT the sad thing is i'm not getting a break its been EVERYDAY since it started months ago and scared to death to take anything in fear things will get even worse !

• Posted

I cannot believe that peri will bring on all these problems. All I want is a break too! I mean my head feels like it's swollen and when I walk I get weak and dizzy. Then aniexty comes on. Why is it that some women don't have all these issues? I tried to eat and got really naseau from the gastritis..Evenings are my best time of the day..everything seems to settle down.

• Posted

I have had nausea and had a hard time eating. I lost about 10 lbs. I forced myself to eat because I knew I had to.

Now I am hungry all the time!

I did have nausea this morning.

I go between being very constipated and then I am the other way.

I did not appreciate my youth.

• Posted

My head feels swollen too!

The anxiety is so bad! I get weepy too! I will cry and cry. I usually feel better after I cry. It is an emotional release.

• Posted

What I've noticed with the anxiety is that it is a mind thing. If there is something that I haven't taken care of such as a dr.s appt. Once I do the appt. And get results my anxiety gradually disappear, Or if I start thinking or worrying about something it appears really strong. So, it's anout trying to control the mind, i guess. I am thinking about going to counseling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.