Hot Flushes?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello again Ladies,

I'm back again with my many questions. I haven't had hot flushes yet I don't think. But I noticed today that I get really sick to my stomach and then when it subsides I get really hot and clammy. My question is, is this a form of a hot flash?

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When I wake in morning I feel so hot no sweats very hot in face think I look beetroot but I look and I'm pale !! Not sure if this is a hot flush or not anyone know ?thanks Michelle xxx
  • Posted

Hi jamie

i have been getting sick to my stomach also. Been in menopause and on Thursday i had menopause bleeding and my stomach was all gasy, i was having diarrhea couldn't eat any thing 

i have been eating noodles with chicken broth jello and saltine crackers can't eat alot or my stomach acts up with my hemrrhoids too tired of all this

• Posted

I keep gas. I'm either belching or passing wind. It's horrible. I've never had gas like this before. It moves around and makes me anxious. Sometimes I can't eat. Hope you feel better soon.
    • Posted

Jamie I have the gas always passing wind and I can lay my hands on my belly and feel it all moving about !! Constipated then sometimes diarrhoea you're not alone xxx
    • Posted

Yes it is a mess. I go through all of that. I used to have gad but never like this. I hate it. I be scared to eat because the gas is so bad at times.
    • Posted

i think it causes symptoms similar to IBS, try following a very bland diet for that, until it passes see if that works.
  • Posted

But yeh Jamie I been waking up feeling nauseous too, it passes quite quickly and I highly suspect anxiety related cause I'm always scared to get up now in fear of what the day will bring.

Ie I cried off and on all day yesterday. I have a hemmroid too from bowels all over the show.

Maybe have some ginger tea.

• Posted

The nauseous feeling does pass pretty quick. I've just recently started having all these digestion and gas issues that send me into a panic. I was never like that before. I eat when I'm hungry but careful not to overdue it. When I get the gas build up, I can't eat. It's weird but I guess it's hormones.
    • Posted

They are the worst Jamie. I'm tearing up even mentioning it. I'm the same, second guess EVERY thing I out in my mouth these days, even tried quitting dairy and gluten. 

I don't know about you but I get up in the night or morning for that matter and the gas starts as soon as I get out of bed, it's like it builds up all night on my tummy and as soon as I get mobile it tries to get out. 

• Posted

That's exactly how it is. Certain meats I don't seem to digest well anymore either. It's just funny that now I seem to get anxious about things that normally I would not have.
  • Posted

Hi, Jamie...  Stomach issues too are normal this phase.  I had heartburn sensations, even some pain while my hormones were crazier.  It was a phase of about 4/5 months smile  I always got a little nauseous, with a bitter mouth taste and even prone to throw up  in certain phases of my fertile cycle so it makes some sense for me that in menopause we can develope some related issues.

Main thing, you are all tested, so try and keep calm.

About hot flashes, mine took long to appear, much after everything else ( and I had it ALL).  Even now, after a couple of months without a period, they are mild, - only thing that some nights I wake up in a wet bed (!) - but the hot flashes are just like a sensation of been hit by a wave of warmness - you loose a little balance, feel like floating... It is not that bad, really, and once you figure out what is it, there is no much to be scared. 

Enjoy the run smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.