Hot flushes

Posted , 7 users are following.

I started taking b6 when I had been peri for quite a while.

i read that it helps stabilise your hormone levels and it did.i felt quite normal and the hot flushes were minimal.i only felt my face getting hot so was not disrupting whilst I was at work.i recently stopped taking them because I had to have a routine blood test.OMG.within 2 days my headache came back,my ankles ached,the hot flushes engulfed my whole body.even my husband commented that he snuggled up to me in the night and I was burning.as soon as I got home yesterday from the blood test I started taking the b6 again.i have decided it is the best invention ever.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi linda, glad that the B6 is working for you - I have just started taking them for similar reasons as you and have found wee diferent colour and only since taking it, do you notice it aswell ? x
    • Posted

Hi Lou...I noticed the wee color thing, too, when I started taking B6.  Almost a little greenish.  Not dramatically, but a little bit...
  • Posted

hi linda yea i take them too after following the advice of the ladies on this site and my headaches too have gone and symptoms seem to have settled down a bit. glad it working for you too x
  • Posted

Hi Lou.yes when I 1st started taking them my wee changed colour a bit but then it returned to normal.im glad you other ladies are getting some relief from these horrible  symptoms we have to put up with.x
  • Posted

How much B6 are you ladies taking?  i've been taking "B Complex Boost", it has B6 5mg, B12 1000mcg, Folic Acid 400mg and Biotin 25mcg and I think it has REALLY helped with symptoms of flushes, headaches and energy. 
    • Posted

I take 10 mg of B6 daily. I tried Busy B's but they didn't agree with me, they made me feel on edge and not sure if it was just a coincidence but I had palpitations too.

Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.