Housebound with Illness. Telephone Friend?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a while now I have been ill and getting worse, housebound now and live alone with no visitors. Would be great to have an email friend and/or telephone friend to talk to to pass the time and mutual support. I live in the UK.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You sound at your wits end.....I do think that Dereks article

was a possibility..a few good years instead of how you feel now......can you not stop cimetidine if ut would cause cancer? Sorry I dont know much about your situatuon and why you cannot go out..is it the pain? I do hope you get some good responses and advice.

• Posted

Hi Val, thanks for the response,  I have only been taking cimetidine for a few months, you have to take it a long time before you get any REAL side effects.   It is the pain that stops me going out.  I know quite abit about this thing so it is more support I need rather than advice.
    • Posted

I had the side effect from cimetidine within weeks with much reduced output of really dark smelly urine and painful kidneys. 

How long has your illness made you housebound. Do you do your shopping on line?

• Posted

Have been housebound about a week now derek.  Was well enough to go out etc and it changed when I had three weeks of antibiotics followed by a high dose of probiotics.   I do shop online but even if I was ok I did, I am nowhere near any shops anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.