Housework

Posted , 10 users are following.

I don't know how anyone else feels about household tasks at the moment ...but I've just hidden a pile of ironing in my spare bedroom.

i find myself just ironing what I need for next day

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I very rarely iron at any time since being retired never mind now. I've just moved house over the last few days, well it's an ongoing situation. and am sitting here with ice, elevation and back to pain killers. Feel as if I've gone back two weeks. Luckily my daughter and husband have told me off and made me sit here and not move. I couldn't if I tried.
    • Posted

Good for your daughter and her husband 

moving house is traumatic enough without having your knee to contend with 

just sit back and enjoy the care....

I think you're so brave moving at a time like this

and I agree with you about not bothering too much with housework now you've retired 

there's more to life.

and once our Knees have settled down there will be no stopping us.

take care 

Jean 

• Posted

We were supposed to move 6 weeks ago but instead I was having tkr. The op came along quicker than I thought. The problem is that around the house I felt ok. Very rarely used pain killers and even the ice had stopped. This last few days has reminded me that it's still very early days and I have to slow down a bit. I remember that the literature I was given said that there would be a return to pain around 6 weeks mainly because of doing more. They were right! 
    • Posted

Accept all the help you can get, Carol. Moving house is such hard work. Look after yourself. X
    • Posted

That's so true I'm just 8 weeks and I thought I wS doing well ...after seeing my consultant on Wednesday ..things have gone downhill again .

although he did bend my knee right back with no warning

Painkillers and the painful nights are back ...and the ice.

when will it ever end.

• Posted

This time next year perhaps? I have noticed that gradully people do stop posting so hopefully they are getting there ok. If they are we shall.

• Posted

I'm hoping things will have improved by next Summer

i was never told the recovery would take so long ... 

But onwards and upwards

i think I'll try to keep up with the website when I'm up and running again

just to let people know there's definitely light at the end of the tunnel 

• Posted

I shall certainly stay in touch when I.m back to normal but then I don't have a job to keep me busy so i shall enjoy staying in touch with all my new friends. And describing my dance dresses when I start ballroom lessons!cheesygrin
    • Posted

I agree, Jean. I keep looking for comments from those who have got through it and are doing well. As you say, they seem to stop posting. Hopefully that's a good sign 😊 We should all agree to post next summer to tell everyone how we're doing. I hope to be walking wherever and whenever I want 😊 
    • Posted

I think the younger you are when you have this Op the more you need to do ....like getting back to work etc....

as I'm older my goal is a little more modest

i just want to walk and be free from pain...and get on with my daily life ...

• Posted

Exactly Jean, that's why it's up to us old uns to carry the flag and help the future tkrs.
    • Posted

You are right ...we still have a lot to give to society even if it is only advice

to which my granddaughter will reply ....Oh Nan! That was in the olden days

and my youngest grandson asked me what it was like  living in the Black and White days...sad to say he was being serious cry

• Posted

That's the type of comment I get from my youngest son. Well he was a late baby!
    • Posted

Hear, hear that's all I want too. My consultant influenced my decision to have the op when he said " you only have one life" . Even though I don't have a job anymore, I don't want to spend the next 10 years sitting at home! Here's to next summer 🍸🍸😊
    • Posted

I agree with your consultant...we have to make the most of every day

well I do anyway I'm (76)

On my last holiday I was limping around...but the next holiday I have I want to be fit enough to enjoy it.

take care and think positive x

• Posted

Haven't decided yet. We go every year to Lanzarote so might go back there. Or somewhere else in Canaries or a cruise there perhaps. 
    • Posted

I too love the canaries ...but cruising is the best

wherever you decide to go enjoy it as.you will no longer be limping 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.