Housework

Posted , 10 users are following.

I don't know how anyone else feels about household tasks at the moment ...but I've just hidden a pile of ironing in my spare bedroom.

i find myself just ironing what I need for next day

1 like, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

these messages seem happy today , holidays and all , ive cut the grass and cleaned the bath room ,made me feel like me again , and to top the day a halloween party with my 6 year old grandson , who talking of what kids say , we had him over night the other day ,he wanted donuts after his tea , the next morning i said he could have a donut for breakfast , he said thats not healthy gran , aparently you can eat them any time of the day but not breakfast 
    • Posted

Sensible boy ....lol.. I wonder who told him that 

children are so funny 

• Posted

I promised myself that Today would be no moaning day  ....I can't say about tomorrow ...lol
    • Posted

Yes, it's good to be cheerful isn't it? I'm looking forward to having my 3 granddaughters here for a Halloween tea tomorrow. Should be fun😊 
    • Posted

well ive been to work , and feel wore out , 3 full days on a hard job ,a school kitchen feeding 1700 people per day , with no help or easier job or half days , so was really happy to my grandson today 
    • Posted

Hi debbie

i certainly don't envy you having to go back to work ....that job is hard work I know first hand as I did it in my younger days.

and here's me feeling proud of myself because I went grocery shopping 

• Posted

That must have been hard work, Debbie. No way could I do it. Make sure you get plenty of rest when you can at home - and enjoy your grandson 😊 
    • Posted

well ive done 4 days now ,and ready for a rest at weekend , its been tough and ive had to do my normal jobs on the rota , the boss should have put me on light duty s but we dont have any so full on , my poor knees ache and i feel tired but i did it and feel better  seeing the girls at work and getting back to a normal life , feeling proud .
    • Posted

yes jean its a tough job , people dont really know how tough it can be , we have many many people who come in for work not to return the next day ,some times i wish we didnt give so many choices . and you did well going shopping every thing is a first step on the right path to recovery smile 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

i was in a writers group before I had the TKR and I went back today after a 3 month absence ...I thoroughly enjoyed it ....another step forward.

although I ache like heck tonight 

• Posted

You should be proud! Well done! I know what you mean about getting back to normal. I insisted on doing some cleaning this morning even though my husband would have done it (he's been so good to me) . I can't say I enjoyed it but was glad I did it. Also did  some ironing, shopping, cooking and looked after my grandson for a short while. Quite a busy day for me! But I'm really pleased I didn't find it too hard. I think I'm getting over the tiredness at last - and doing normal things 😊 Enjoy your well deserved rest this weekend. X
    • Posted

It's surprising how we all seem more cheerful now.

every day is a bonus 

• Posted

Ditching the houseworh should always be a cause for celebration.
    • Posted

well this my second week back a work , didnt get much rest over the weekend , i take mum out shopping on saturdays and my grandson had his birthday party on sunday ,also my son came round with his 8 month old little girl ,so a busy nut nice weekend , it does make you feel good when you do the normal every things in life , although i dont think we will run a marathon lol ,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.