How can I get myself well.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have had depression for a long time now. I know I am my own worst enemy. I want to get myself well. I have had a fair few overdoses now and quite a lot of self harm. I have been briefly spoken to mental health teams in A+E when I have done things. I have always convinced them I am ok to go home. I dont trust them. I have had a few things take my trust away. I want help but just today I have pushed the enhanced mental health team away. I have just got myself discharged. I am not on meds and I now don't have a GP as I have deregistered from them too. I can't stop pushing people away due to fear of them. How do I get past this? I don't want to end up in a psychiatric hospital but have a few times been threatened with it.

Im scared and don't know where to turn that is safe.

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hey, try out meditation it will surely help you out....if it doesn't work then you have last option to have session of hypnotherapy it is the best way to get rid of depression, stress, anxiety and phobia. Just in few sittings you feel better and relaxed...smile

• Posted

Hi I can't do medications at the moment as I dont have a GP. The o my way I can get is online.

The thought of hypnotherapy is extra scary at the moment. I tend not to leave home and so frightened of people especially if I feel out of control

• Posted

I am sure that life is out to get me. After today I really wish it would. I have had enough.

• Posted

Don't you have walk in clinics where you live so you can get some medications ?...Be very carefull buying medications online you don't know what their mixing in those meds. Painkillers are really scary, we've been warned in Canada not to order out of the country online for fear of fentanyl which is killing people here by the hundreds. Everyone doing this please be careful out there.

• Posted

Thank you, yeah I understand that internet meds are not all good, Tes we do have walk-ins but I've asked my GP Medical notes to be closed and no one can access them due to the violation that has been already happened. I either now deal with things with nothing, buy online or things that are over the counter then buy from the chemist/pharmacy

• Posted

You are the only one who can help yourself, be confident. Start doing meditation its really work, one of my relative was also gone through with the same condition your are in. He did meditation and soon he overcome his depression and now he is fully OK and enjoying his life. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.