How can I help my boyfriend with his Miratzapine withdrawls?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My boyfriend has been weened off of his Miratzapine and he took his last dose about a week ago, he's been having anxiety, aches, pains, hot, cold and no apetite. I stay up with him at night and hold him and rock him until he can relax enough to fall asleep, i've given him baths with essential oils to get him to relax before bed but i just feel so awful that he is going through this and I wonder if there is anything else I can do to help him out. Any suggestions??? I can only hope that it gets better for him, I know that the dark is always before the dawn but I jusst want him to feel better. Thank you in advance.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi,

I will have to hold on 2 -3 more weeks to get over the peek withdrwal. Try to eat healthy food, lots of fruits and taking 5HTP supplements helps, also massages and long walks.Any kind of distraction works also. I went down the same path, it gets better!

• Posted

Did he wean off slowly?
    • Posted

Oh no, most of the side effects out weight the benefits so we will be doing everything all natural from now on. 
    • Posted

I was just weened from effexor and I'll never take another pill again if i can find something natural to help. I'm not going through this again nor do i wish anyone to have to go through this. HUGS
    • Posted

(((( ))))  Big hugs back, and the very best of lcuk to you and your boyfriend. xxx
    • Posted

Hi kourtney

Let me try & understand / the dosage above can't be right, can it?? Can u double check because I'd like to help if I possibly can. Also when did he actually stop & his did he withdraw (may have been coming off 45 mg/30mg or 15mg ???). Did he work his way down these, how long on each stage etc.

The awful symptoms he is experiencing now sound like withdrawal, Sounds like he came off too quick, let's see what he says ?

• Posted

30mg, i was thinking of a different medication he was on before.
  • Posted

Hi 

I feel for him I will be starting the road to reduce very slowly . Calmer has sent me a plan which looks good so going to follow it . It must be hard. But keep strong and support him best you can Just keep telling him there is light at the end of the tunnel . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.