How can I help my boyfriend with his Miratzapine withdrawls?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My boyfriend has been weened off of his Miratzapine and he took his last dose about a week ago, he's been having anxiety, aches, pains, hot, cold and no apetite. I stay up with him at night and hold him and rock him until he can relax enough to fall asleep, i've given him baths with essential oils to get him to relax before bed but i just feel so awful that he is going through this and I wonder if there is anything else I can do to help him out. Any suggestions??? I can only hope that it gets better for him, I know that the dark is always before the dawn but I jusst want him to feel better. Thank you in advance.

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i sure the max does is 45 which i am on ? if he is bad he should go back to gp..he shoudnt put himself through all that
    • Posted

I know he took it 2x a day i'd have to double check the dose when I see him later. 
    • Posted

So you were right lol I was totally thinking of a different medication he was on. He took 30mg a day. 
  • Posted

Hi Kourtney,

I can't add anything to the good advice that's been given - just wanted to say he's a lucky guy to have someone as thoughtful and kind as you to support him💑. Best wishes to you both

• Posted

Is he taking magnesium?  I have found the glycinate version helpful, especially at bed time.  Some people take epsom salt baths.  I am so sorry that he is going through this.  I am tapering mirt and it is horrible how hard it is to come off these drugs!  You are so kind to care for him through his time of need.
    • Posted

He isn't taking magnesium but b complex and vitamin d at the moment. He is getting better each day luckily he only has aches in his legs now instead of through his whole body. This will be is 2nd full week coming off of it. Good luck to you! I hope it goes well I know this drug is definitely not something that should be given to everyone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.