How can I survive a roller coaster?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last time I went to an amusement park,I rode that pirate ship that goes back and forth and i freaked out so much that I asked the supervisor to stop and let me out! I used to love them.... Any advice?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well that one comment was extremely rude, people apparently don't understand that we all have different fears.. Anyways, I think the only real way to get over this fear is to just go and do it. Go to the amusement park and go on the same ride. Do not get off. You might panic, but just deal with it.. The ride only lasts for like 3 minutes, so maybe just keep telling yourself it's almost over. What exactly scared you about it? The length, the speed, the feeling your body got from it?

• Posted

The dizziness... I thought I was going to faint in front of all these people,most of them teenagers... Silly reason,perhaps,but enough to freak me out... A bunch of my friends are going to an amusement park when the weather gets better and I said "eeeeh,eh...eeeeh.suuuure...eh,we will see" and immediately thought that when that day comes I'll tell them I'm ill or sth... I think that is pathetic of me...

• Posted

We can't control what were scared of.. I try to just close my eyes on them and it seems to help with getting dizzy. That and not eating or drinking directly beforehand. What if you just went on a few calm rides first? Swings, bumper cars, etc.. Once your body notices that you're not in real danger I think it will be pretty easy to get over. Or just go along for the day to spend time with your friends, don't rush getting on rides if you don't actually feel ready.

• Posted

I have many fears,but i'm trying to let the logical side of my brain to fight them... My most basic cause of a panic attack is sth completely ridiculous. I have irritable bowel syndrome.. Everytime I am somewhere with no access to a wc (trains,buses etc etc) I am CERTAIN that I will have explosive..you know.. It has never happened to me but I'm always scared it will.. I'm actually laughing now that I'm reading my own words,but when it happens...eh..panic!

• Posted

I have IBS too.. Take an Imodium before you leave the house and eat a banana.. Binds you up. Avoid greasy foods though when yohre there just to be safe lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.