How can you elimate stress when this illness is so stressful ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know stress is no good for this beast but the stress of not sleeping wondering how long this going to last is it ever going away ..... is stressful! 

It’s all I think about 24/7  I know I should just relax and not worry ... but I can’t . I can’t just get on with my life as it affects it every single day . 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Excellent question. I found that I became less stressed but it came with time when I started seeing small improvements - it helped me relax. 

Otherwise, I was a crying worrying anxious wreck. I even had a prescription for anxiety meds which I never got filled but I had to get it because I was so close on the edge of needing meds. 

I strongly advice meditation on YouTube and self help books on the EBV. Reading about a “plan” to help myself potentially made me feel empowered and more in Control. 

• Posted

If it helps you I’m in the same place as you right now. I was doing better for a few weeks after 9 months of this horrible life changing illness and yesterday I crashed again and have been in bed all weekend. Right now I’m very weak, tired , and sick to my stomach. I’m not sure how anyone can stay mentally strong going through this. I’m doing all I can right now to stay strong and keep positive. My wife after 24 years of marriage has decided to leave me in the middle of all this too. I’m praying that god has new plans for me and life will go on and be better afterwards. There has to be a reason for this horrible virus. I believe good times are coming we just have to be strong and trust in god. I hope you get well soon. 

Dave 

• Posted

Oh David I am so sorry ... you really don’t need THAT right now ! Does she understand what you’re  going through ????

I said ‘ God I cannot handle one more thing right now ... so don’t give it to me !’

I Felt Good Friday then like you debilitated all weekend .

No I cannot see how this ‘thing’ can dominate so many people . I’m on day 4 of Valtrex I so hope it works .... going to a immunologist Friday . We’ll see what he says. 

If you ever want to talk ??let me know ... it a lonely road . Hang in there ... we have to envisage better times ahead ... poor us 😫

• Posted

Lori , You can private message me at any time if you want to talk. I live in the USA. I believe from the bottom of my heart that good times are coming and I also believe things happen for a reason. I will pray for your health because it’s wealth. Right ? 
    • Posted

Yes you’re a BILLIONAIRE if you’re healthy ! I’ve always said that! I don’t know how to private message ... but if you can message me and yes I’m in California . 
    • Posted

Check your inbox I sent you a private message. I’m not sure if I did it right. 
    • Posted

Hi David,

So sorry to hear you've had a setback again, it is sooo frustrating especially when you feel a bit of hope after feeling a bit more settled. I had a real setback about 9 months too and it took the wind right out of my sails, it felt a bit like the final straw like 'I can't do this anymore', mines involved joint pain and some bruising and just not feeling right, and I just needed help more than ever as felt so discouraged.

God helped me David, it was a few weeks after that at around 10 months things started to change for me, where I started to feel a bit stronger and move towards proper and meaningful recovery. I hope that can be the case for you too David, just hang in there and try not to be discouraged, I know it's hard, I truly believe you're going to get there and hoping and praying this setback is just that - a temporary setback and that things will get back on track again soon - remember these kind of dips / setbacks / crashes are normal during recovery, so it is good you had those few better weeks and it is a sign hopefully overall that something is changing and the real breakthrough is on its way. And even if it takes a little while longer you will definitely get there David I truly believe that!!

Thinking about you too Lori, you absolutely nailed it when you said you are a billionaire if you have got your health. Your health is your wealth that's so true!! We all need God for everything just hoping and praying He blesses everyone on the site and helps each one of us through our own individual battle and struggles right now - although everyone's experience is unique and individual to them, the one common thing we share is that we either are or have recently been going through suffering, and know what its like to suffer and feel frightened and weak - praying God strengthens us all and gets us through and has a good purpose for us all still and we can be healthy again and grateful to the Lord always for that.

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig , your kind words have helped so much. I hope and pray for better health because I can’t take it much longer. I need my health back to get back at work and face the hard times ahead of me. Some times life throws you a curve ball and we have to stay strong. 

Thanks again and wishing you good times. 

• Posted

Thanks David, I really appreciate your kind words too as not feeling so good this last day or two and a bit overwhelmed with things too. Yes hoping and praying God can help us to stand strong at this time, we are weak but His strength is made perfect in our weakness, we need that more than ever today.

Craig

• Posted

Oh no are you relapsing with EBV ? That would be the biggest nightmare off all after years of good health. 
    • Posted

Sorry you’re feeling a bit low Craig ... be kind to yourself rest and yes faith can get us through this ! 
    • Posted

Thank you so much Lori, have hit quite a low this week really struggling. Praying God can help our faith to stand strong in these hard times and that we will feel better again and have a good purpose for Him.

Craig

• Posted

I know Lori I totally get it because if you felt somewhat better at least you could start to be more active and take your mind off things a bit, but when not able to physically it just allows more time to think and it's just that whole vicious circle. Wish there was an easy answer, sometimes just the simple things like watching tv and listening to music, having baths, reading, going for short walks each day, were things that just helped distract me for a little while without taking up lots of energy - anything like that which can cause distraction can help, even listening to a relaxation app or video from You Tube or whatever whilst in bed that kind of thing has been good for me too.

Craig

• Posted

Yes that’s exactly what I’m doing plus keeping the house in order. After 5 mo of this just going a bit stir crazy.

And yes when you feel awful it’s all you think about ... 

hopefully the light will shine  through soon ..

I’m also on Valtrex day 4 maybe that’s why I feel so awful the past 2 days . Had a good day Friday . Felt awake not 100% but much better. Hopefully the drug is mugging the virus ! 

• Posted

Hope that the Valtrex is helping Lori, maybe as you say just takes a while to get into system and working properly. Haven't had any experience of it so don't know what it's like or anything, hoping it helps though.

I've been trying to keep myself busy too, I've had to be out of work for over a year now due to back pain and prostatitis and sometimes it gets me so down Lori. If I don't manage to keep some kind of routine or keep myself busy in some way I find it so hard and so depressing, but then at the same time finding it hard to motivate myself to do things too. 

It sounds like you are doing the right kind of things to do that Lori, that's all you can do and remember we are a support network here and God willing hope and praying we can all help each other until we reach a stage where we feel much stronger again and in recovery. Thinking about you today Lori, hoping for a better day and more days like Friday again. 

Craig

• Posted

Yes Craig ... I have appts during the week sometimes drs therapists etc but just getting there is a chore. I met with a friend for 1/2 yesterday but felt so faint and ill had to go home . 

Sorry about your back that is the worst pain ever ! I did mine in a few years ago couldn’t sit  lie it was awful. Short 10 minute walks throughout the day helped me 

• Posted

Thanks so much for the kind and supportive words Lori, means a lot as feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. It's just those times when the fear comes back when you start to feel some pains and it's so hard to deal with - hoping and praying God can help us overcome the situations each of us are in, just grateful He knows where we are at and what we need, praying we can ask Him for help always from the bottom of our hearts. 

Hoping you feel a bit better today, I know it's hard when you try to do something like meet your friend and then don't feel well, I know it can knock you confidence but take heart that you did it still and it won't always be that way when trying to do things Lori, just take a step back and maybe a more restful day hopefully can help settle things I do pray.

Good luck with the immunologist also, hoping they can help and offer some good advice and reassurance and encouragement. Yes doctors can be so vague and don't always fully take the time to appreciate how vulnerable and fragile a person is with how they've been feeling with things. 

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.