How can you elimate stress when this illness is so stressful ?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I know stress is no good for this beast but the stress of not sleeping wondering how long this going to last is it ever going away ..... is stressful! 

It’s all I think about 24/7  I know I should just relax and not worry ... but I can’t . I can’t just get on with my life as it affects it every single day . 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I get you, when there’s no signs of improvement it’s impossible to not feel stressed about it. Have you heard of something called “tapping” as a way of calming yourself. I saw a psychologist and she taught me how to do it, although you can find guides online like on YouTube. Anyway it teaches you how to interrupt your thought patterns and although it sounds stupid and you feel like an idiot doing it, it actually alters the levels of cortisol in your system, if only for a short time. 
    • Posted

Yes I actually go  to an emdr therapist and she taught me how to do it . Sometimes I forget though but I need to get in the habit of doin g it more often .

If I can Find something good to watch on tv it takes my mind off it a bit but this has all been too much . Going undiagnosed for 6 months then The stress and shock when I actually found out and the hard recovery time ... it’s a lot on the old nervous system . 

• Posted

Hi lori,

we meet again :-)

I agree with what vancity meditation helps. There are loads on on youtube which are helpful. I also find yoga helpful. I also started a 6 month course about a month ago on energy therapy/frequency and so far that is also helping. 

• Posted

Yes I also just did a light therapy session it was very interesting ... I’m trying everything right now but I do believe the best medicine is calm nutrition rest and loads of immune boosting supplements !!! 
    • Posted

I totally agree with you.

In the past week I have started making fruit and vegetable smoothies again and I think it's making me feel a little better. I am on about day 4 or 5 now where I am feeling about 80% normal. It's my longest period of normality so far in the past 13.5 months!

• Posted

That’s great news Kay ! I’ve had a few good days too and have also been having smoothies cut dairy out . Sleeping better and less stressed . 
    • Posted

Awesome lori! Let’s hope this feeling is here to stay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.