How do/did you deal with the weight gain on Mirtazapine?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been on for a little over 2 months, and I gained 15 kg (or 33lbs). To be fair, right before I went on I did lose a lot of weight (13 lbs) just because of my depression, so overall I guess it’s 20 lbs. Anyway, it’s getting warmer here now and I don’t feel very comfortable with my body. I’ve started excercising etc and so far lost 10 lbs, but it’s quite difficult because I constantly feel hungry and eat at least twice as much as I used to. I know weight gain is a common side effect of Mirtazapine, so I was wondering how others deal with it? Like did you just ignore it and lost the weight when you went off, or did you exercise and count calories? Are there any tips, like any snacks or foods that make you feel full for longer so that you eat less overall? 

Thanks!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I’ve also gained wait.

been walking daily and counting calories but not doing much for losing the weight....

hoping to go off Metz in the next few weeks because of the weight gain.

• Posted

I am currently on this medication as a trial run because I lost almost 40 pounds in the last 2 years and can’t bear to think about gaining it back. 

• Posted

I’ve been on it for two weeks and have gained a few pounds. I do feel better and I’m sleeping. I have been doing low carb for two years and that’s how I’ve lost weight. I do notice that about an hour after taking my medication I get hungry. I’m going to give it another couple of weeks.  I’m headed to get groceries right now with a focus on low carb/high protein snacks. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.