How do I cope ???

Posted , 7 users are following.

For years I've had anxiety sometimes I can cope other times I carnt .... At the beginning of this year I had some real bad news that has effected me and my family ever since and with things still goin through court I can not yet start to move forward ... I've lost all control with normal life and how to function ... It's like I'm completely numb inside ... I start to move forward then have to face it all over again !!! Then my anxiety reaches its peek ....once again ... It's been about 4 nights now with no sleep my brain carnt stop and I need to figure out a way to help my family and me from falling apart ,,,, but with my anxiety in its self I struggle but now it's intensified it just gets me ... Boom im done massive panic attacks then the dizzy all the normal feeling ... But the one that's bothering me the most is it feels like my brain carnt cope with any more like I'm goin to explode !!! I'm just wondering if anyone can suggest somethin for me to help relax and give my brain A rest ... I refused all these years to take any meds from the docs but I think I may need something to slow my brain and help me cope !! If anyone can help with somethin better herbs anythin id be so gr8ful

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have you tried a warm bath? I have read that that can help, also camomile tea.
    • Posted

I have a cup of pure chamomile (no other plants or herbs) whenever stressed, and before bed. Good stuff!!
  • Posted

Anxiety is evil! We all know the effects of it. We have no choice but to accept it. You know that, i know that..it can get so overwhelming at times. If you have some xanax take ine to hopefully reset this back to the usual still anxious but much better level lol. Added humor. If you are nothing, no meds, definetly no blood pressure meds.. go to your local vitamin store and get some magnessium flakes and out a half of cup on warm water and soak your feet for about half an hiur.myour body will absorb the magnessium and it has a calming effect. And your feet will be so soft and nice. There is also valerian tea a study in italy favors that very much. Taste gross but who cares haha again only if on nothing else or you check with your doctor. As weird as this sounds drink, drink and drink water. I would think the foot soak with magnessium flakes (epsom salt uses a lower grade magnessium so when it absorbs u might end up pooping too) and a cup of valerian tea. Should calm you down to sleepy stage actually. Theres aleays the obvious traditional anxiety meds and anti depressants too to look into. I have found this crisis state of heightened terror does subside but it can take a while. If yiu are not in therapy find someone talking all thus out is very comforting. Spouses or friends get drained faster and compassion runs lower and lower over time. So therapy is needed. Hang in there. This suck so much but itmdoes wax and wane.
    • Posted

I'm defo Gona try these you have suggested I have seen so many on anti depressants my mom carnt function without them and I always said I didn't want to be that way and up till now I have managed but what I'm goin throug apart from my normal anxiety has pushed me mover the edge ... I get so mentally exhausted from trying to explain how I feel to family /friends I just don't ... I have tried counciling CBT but I couldn't connect with the therapist so maybe I should look for another one !! In all this madness I'm trying to safe gaurd my children as best as I can I don't want to be a failure for them

• Posted

I take valerian root capsules, and they're helpful. There's only a bad taste when you burp. I'll take a break from them, then all will be fine when used again.

That's so true about spouses, and friends getting drained faster and losing compassion. I'll add family to the mix as well.

• Posted

Watch valarian, some people react badly to it....almost a reverse of what it's supposed to do. Even my doc asked me how I reacted to valarian before he would suggest it.rolleyes

• Posted

Ooh didnt know that at all. I have had the tea myself. Ok shell see this. Its not the root just the tea from the commercial boxed stuff.
    • Posted

There seems to be som potential for an issue with the valerian, inhavent had ine but if there is try suntheanine L theanine instead. Its great stuff. Start at 100 mg. in the evening.also in the vitamin store or online.  And yes to the foot soaks with magnessium flakes.
    • Posted

You don't know until you try. I would start with a week cup, if okay, a strong cup, etc. and really pay attention to your body. If relaxes you, or if it makes you edgy or anxious.

• Posted

I would try Valium. On an infrequent as needed basis because it can rebound and make symptoms worse and it is addictive. Read up on it. Its only by prescription
    • Posted

I want to avoid prescription meds if I can I've done so well all these years I know it's because of what I'm goin through that's having this effect on me mentally and physically just wondered what I can do other than the last resort ...

• Posted

Read up on all the remedies you try. They have side effects. But its good to have a prescriptionbackup without having to race to the doctor
  • Posted

Hi, can't give you any pointers on herbs,because frankly I can't imagine with the suffering your going  through, that you even have any thought  process right now to think about them. I have been right where your at. I couldn't sleep,eat, focus, or do anything. Completely paralized with anxiety, and panic. The first time this happened to me,they didn't have meds for this. Of couse if you happen to get over the bad hump,at some point,weeks, months,and if your really lucky years. it alway's come back. So I was 23 then.In my thirties, I was a total mess,thank god I was able to get on a antidepressant. I honestly don't know what I would have done,if not for these amazing meds now. I'm not sure why you don't want to give them a try. I promise that you'll feel better.

• Posted

I've just always been scared of having to rely on meds to help me I've been very stubban with my anxiety I've never wanted it to win me .... I'm not saying anyone who takes antidepressants are any different to me but I'm just scared of them ... U wouldn't believe how many time the doctors has given them me and they just sit in the cubord ... I just want this feeling if pressure to leave my head ... I used to love my sleep but it make me so angry when I carnt sleep ...: I hate the person that's done this to me and I know I'm letting him win but I dunno how to move forward ... The anxiety is one thing but then pressure of life can take a person to the next level I worry of a mental break down but then think how can someone like me have all this when despite my health anxiety I've functioned quite well for 10 years plus

• Posted

Make sure you don't take any expired pills or herbs.

• Posted

If you were drowning, and worn out, and someone threw you a rope...can you see yourself saying I don't want to rely on that. Put it on the shelf? There are times we need a rope,

I was the same as you about any meds, but when it got really bad I went to urgent care thinking I was going mad and couldn't handle any more. When my doc handed me a prescription (I didn't even know what kind of med it was) I was literally out the door and on my way to the pharmacy before he even came back with my paperwork.

What a difference. Within a short time I was able to think calmly enough to seek ways to help myself...and found this forum. I have no idea how long I will be on this med, and do not care!! I feel like a human being again.

• Posted

I won't I'm not taking nothing at the min as I say I'm just trying to figure out what I need to do

• Posted

Good I'm glad u have got the help you needed so many don't .... I'm Gona book a appointment and talk to my doctor just explain I'm nervous about antidepressants and she what they say .... I may get to that point you did I hope I don't x

• Posted

I hope so too, Lori. Talking to your doc about your apprehension is an excellent idea. Let us know how that goes, and what you decide.

Your doc may even put you on something "as needed."  I'm on a weekly patch and my sister is on "as needed." Hugs to you Honey

• Posted

Hugs bk Gona be a long time befor I feel like I can truly get bk to me I think .... But thank you all so much for your advise and comments xxxx
    • Posted

I felt like I had myself back within ten days and two prescription tweeks. I had thought it was only a week, but checked my calandar and see it was ten days.
    • Posted

Cia, that is exactly how I feel. I finally feel almost normal and I am not concerned right now about withdrawal. I don't know hospital long I'll be on meds but right now I am able to live a,life and work.

I also go to a,therapist and am learning CBT

• Posted

Can I ask what sort of antidepressants you guys are on so I've got a riff idea of what ween to to the good ones x

• Posted

I'm on one that is also for high blood pressure, so your doctor would not prescribe it unless you pressure is high. The list of anti anxiety meds is huge. Your doctor needs to be the one to ask. What is wonderful for me, could be a rough for you and vice verse, honey.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.