How do I know if it's too late for me?

Posted , 12 users are following.

I cannot stop and have pain under my right rib.

Also am a 54 year old woman .Had 3 years sobriety and want to get sober but i am afraid j cannot

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Terry I was so ashamed for years but I went to my doctor & got it out last week. It is empowering not straight away but in the days that followed. I didn't feel judged. I'm going back on Monday & I'm going to ask for a blood test. I'm terrified I may have caused damage but I need to find out. Please go to the doctor. XXX

• Posted

I appreciate the responses. I will have to get honest about it and ask for help. You are. Right I am still breathing so maybe there is hope yet. Thanks
    • Posted

Terry, have a look at this as well. If you can't seem to get to a healthy place about alcohol quickly, you can do it the way I did, which worked quite well:

https://patient.info/health/sinclair-method-for-alcohol-use-disorder

Abstinence, if you prefer it, comes at the end of the process. The point is that it puts you in a place where you're free to choose and that's exactly what it sounds like (in my experience). It quiets the part of the brain that hounds you to drink, so you can think rationally about whether you want to drink like a "normal person" or if you'd rather be done with it.

• Posted

Read a great self help book today, free download ''alcohol lied to me''. Its an amazing book and i would be amazed if it didnt help most people as long as you read the whole thing. I read it all today and i am so glad i did. Either way def go and see your gp and talk openly with them. Its a step forward

• Posted

I am going to read this book Sharon.I love this site as we learn something new from each other everyday Thanks lovely x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.