How do I not drink with my collegues without isolating myself?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing ok and managing their problem. I have just come on to think out loud really and see if anyone can relate/advise...

I work for a construction company and needless to say there is a drinking culture ingrained into i. Somebody leaves..Drinks. Project comes to completion...Drinks...you get the picture!

This friday is a big one. A popular character is leaving, its the first summer social and theres a few birthdays, mine included but I am keeping it under wraps.

My problem is that I am worried that if I go I will get the most drunk and do something embarrassing or even worse. 

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well mate seems like they have forgotten you and got wrapped up in their own stuff. Never mind, go down the pub, l guess it's tough but you, can survive. l read something the other day. But before l tell you that what it is, ask yourself, who runs your life them or you?

The British high jump champion was told by her manager it's all Mind Games.

Don't try, just achieve it.

• Posted

I have deleted the off topic conversation and comments going on in this discussion. If users want to discuss the male drinking culture etc you can start a new discussion. 

When posting try to remember users come here for advice and taking discussions into off topic debates or taking over their discussions will only succeed in discouraging users to post. If anyone has any questions send me a PM and do not reply to this otherwise it will go off topic again.

Regards,

Alan

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.