How do I walk??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Doctor today looked at x-ray and saw progress (bone growth). Said I could bear weight on it (as tolerated)....Now what? Currently using a walker. Sent me with a referral to start rehab but can't get in right away. I don't want to waste any time. When they first release you to be able to bear weight...What's the first step (LITERALLY!!)? I have to use boot until totally rehabbed.

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Went to dr. No more wearing boot!  Can start physical therapy and walking.  8 weeks post op as of this coming Friday! 
    • Posted

So awesome!!! How's it going? I am still taking small steps in the boot with the walker. Trying to determine how much pressure to put on the hurt ankle. First therapy session on Monday and I cannot wait!! Let's get this show on the road!

• Posted

I'm so happy for all you ladies great strides! I have 10 more days in this cast! I'm so ready my foot really wants to bend and move! I'm starting to get the itches but I don't want to scratch because it will itch more. I've got my even up shoe because I'm going in the boot. I hear all you guys talk about walking being so painful I'm afraid. 

I'm going to stay positive! Has anyone struggled with sleeping for the past week and a half I can't get to sleep. My doctor gave me ambien but that's not doing anything.

• Posted

I had trouble sleeping when I tried not to take a Tramadol. I would lay in the bed for hours or sit up watching tv until 2, 3, 4 or 5 am. I weaned myself off a couple of weeks ago and now don't have any problem getting to sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.