How do you know when it has gone??

Posted , 26 users are following.

Can someone tell me in plain English the difference between live scabies symptoms and the effects of the perm cream and post scabies syndrome??

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Update, I see this was a long time ago but can u tell the progress you made?
  • Posted

Hey all.

I'm new on this site. Sadly, we're all here. I hope you guys get well soon, you and your families. Also, excuse my English. 

So, here's my story... 

I'll start off by saying I was literally miserable. I ... 

I got diagnosed for scabies on 30th of may. I started treatment right away with a prescribed lotion called Acarol. It's not a pesticide, as far as I know. I think it worked. I had to apply it three days in a row to my whole body, once or twice a day. The doctor said only at night, but I did it in the morning as well. Anyhow... I started getting some red tiny (kind of fast fading away) and I freaked out. I also itched, but not as like before. Now I think my scabies are gone, but I am scared that I infected my family. They still have no symptoms, but are they contagious? What are the shances for them getting the scabies? I mean... I was "oficially" having my scabies in its full power on the 30th of May. I had noticed some scabies pimples (unknowing its scabies) like ... maybe 2-3 weeks before the itch occured. ... My question is, was I still contagious before the itch? 

If so... that will make a month that I have been around my family, and boyfriend. Have been having close physical contact.

They still have no symptoms. None of them. (I hope they don't ever) ... 

What's the chance of NOT infecting them? What if they start a treatment right away - will that prevent the crabies infestation on them? Are they currently contagious to me?

I didn't have many scabbies like pimples, only two or thee the most. The others are red and small, watery kind of, they vary. 

Is it normal to itch after the treatment? What about getting some pimples? 

And......... .... My eyebrow itches from time to time... I can't tell if I'm being paranoid or not...

Is it other type of mites? Please, say no, I'll .. f- die. 

• Posted

Live scabies, intense itching that gets worse at night or when you try to sleep. Red bumps that look like pimples that are near each other with a small hard to see burrow line that connects them. Scabies are invisble to the eye but the hole they leave behind to enter you is not, it is just very very hard to see. Frequently feeling like bugs are crawling on your skin but they are actually crawling around inside of you and you can feel them, its freaky. You will wake up from sleep because of itching. basically forget about a solid nights sleep at this point.

Effects of perm cream, highly toxic insectacide that is releatively harmless to humans. Light headedness, dizzy, feeling like you are going to faint, itching that feels like being poked by pins (it feels different then scabies itching), numbing of the nerves for the next few days, physically, feeling sick, actually vomiting. Despite all of those things that will make you feel like sh*t, you will still rather feel all of that then the hell the scabbies make you feel once you have a good size infestation going.

Post scabies syndrome, Paranoia about treatment not working and needing to do another round to "get rid of the bugs". New red bumps might form but it doesnt mean that you have them again. itchiness that feels like scabbies for about a month or 2 after treatment. 99% of post scabies syndrome is the paranoia and distrust in the treatment because of the itchiness, find and buy good anti histameans.

• Posted

hey, i know this was years ago but i was diagnosed with scabies and i'm experiencing the exact same thing you were so could you give me an update on what happened please?

• Posted

I have went to my family doctor and he said he thinks it's scabies but I don't think he was really sure but he gave him the medicine by mouth to take once and also the cream to put on I have NO CLUE TO WHAT THIS IS OR HOW I COULD HAVE EVEN GOT IT OR HOW LONG I HAVE HAD IT BUT MY ITCHING BECAME SO BAD THAT MY HEAD I COULD CLAW MY SELF TO DEATH SEEMS LIKE WHAT IS THE LONGEST A PERSON CAN HAVE THIS?? Soooo paranoid and scared to death! Please help

• Posted

It may be scabies but biting mites also known as no see ums
  • Posted

I meant to say it may not be scabies but biting mites also known as no see ums
  • Posted

Hi all, I just found out I have scabies and t s the third time in my life that I've contracted it. I've bagged up all clothes I'm not wearing, got rid of all plush and paper items and I've plastic wrapped my mattress. I've also thrown out my duvet and pillow. I now have eight sets of clothes, pjs, bedding, shoes and coats. Each set is bagged up and left for 8 days before washing. I've treated myself with permethrin 5% twice, 3 days apart, with another treatment in 4 days. I woke up this morning with a big red bump and a smaller one next to it right near my mouth. It's been a full week since I found out about the diagnosis. In your experience, would you say I am still contagious or post scabies? Oh, I'm sneezing an awful lot and coughing a lot, this happened the last time I had scabies, but I cannot remember if it continued after I got rid if them. Also, the pin prick sensations, how long after scabies is clears does this continue? I have very little pin prick sensations, but at night I feel weird tingling sensations, I don't itch that much at all. Maybe a little here or there, but that's usually in the day. Does anyone else get the tingling sensation? Especially on my feet and face. Help!

• Posted

ok. need to share my story to help others....

work in ER. I see sometimes how useless drs are lol.

so, when i got scabies, i treated myself.

overall, bad idea. first tied vinegar. thought i was cured. came back. tried tea and clove oil. seemed to work. came back. bought permethrin on amazon. worked but came back.

got so frustrated used Nustock sulfur. used 50/50 with lotion. then used permethrin the next day.

although i killed all the mites, dried the hell out of my skin. it started breaking open in long slits, which i thought were more burrows.

used sulfur again! at this point i had marks everywhere!

went to dr, then dermatologist. thankfully did not chemical myself. got lotion to heal the damaged skin. I WAS LUCKY!

best bet is to fork out $80 for a mini clinic and get some medical guidance. i feel lucky i didn't cause more damage. retreatimg and retreating can cause problems. just be careful all😊

• Edited

I have a question:(. I had scabies and went to doctor a week ago and that's where I was diagnosed with it. my dr gave me permethrin to use and told me that it can be applied after 2 weeks if it still there. However I used a soap that I thought would help itching on day 5 following initial treatment being applied and it burned discovered it was a permetherin bathing v soap ☹. I immediately washed it off. two days afterwards I'm seeing lines on my upper torso...it eventually go away after few hours? did I over do it? help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.