How I contracted Mono

Posted , 11 users are following.

Does anyone else scratch their heads wondering how you contracted Mono in the non traditional sense?

I’m baffled as to how I contracted it. 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,

I was on top of the world,,,working part time home health and had opened my skin care office. Went to have my teeth cleaned like normal people do and within 72 hours was so sick I called the dentist. She insisted it was a bad tooth and referred me to an oral surgeon WITHOUT seeing me and I had a tooth removed.

The dentist, whom I have had a rapport with since 07 refused antibiotics after all these years of giving them to me. I had 4 cardiac stents and MVP.

I asked her why ( I was mad) and she said the ADA said she does not have to give them anymore....So I checked and she was correct...so I went and had my teeth cleaned.

New hygentist (sp)

This was in August, several Dr's, second and third consults and an ER visit, for being SOB and bleeding tonsils and enlarged spleen.

This upcoming week I have a bone biopsy scheduled for testing for osteomylitis (sp)

I am sick as a dog and have lost so much money...the state wants to do an investigation, they said she has broke a serious protocol.

Any advice?

• Posted

Hi Susita,

So sorry to hear about the awful time you have been going through with your teeth and feeling unwell. I can only imagine how distressing that must be when you put your trust in a health professional only to be let down, so sorry to hear about this.

I hope very much that the tests you have can give results which put your mind at ease and help offer some reassurance.

Is mono something that you have been tested for? Certainly would recommend getting a blood test for mono if you have not already had that. An enlarged spleen can be a sign of mono so it would certainly be wise to check that out.

Hoping very much things are feeling much better soon Susita - hang in there, if it mono it certainly can make you feel very unwell and fatigued in the first few weeks that is for sure, so just rest and take it easy and hoping the doctors can offer the right support / advice / diagnosis / treatment very soon. Thinking about you and message any time, this is a very supportive forum with some good people on here offering good advice, be it mono or something else you are going through. God is the great healer, hang in there.

Craig

• Posted

people think i am crazy, but my symptoms started after a wasp sting. the wasp was all black with orange legs. i live in NJ and it was summer 2017 it happened. I also had a cheating ex. so maybe that. i have no idea.

• Posted

Goodness Nicole that sounds like a horrible thing with the wasp. Remember mono can get caught in all sorts of ways, they call it the 'kissing disease' but there's lots of other ways through saliva it can be passed on. It can be as simple as sharing cutlery or being in a restaurant and drinking from glass that hasn't been cleaned or something. Most people can't pin point where it came from, it's a horrible virus and just hoping and praying things for a turning point for you very soon Nicole as I know you've been going through the most dreadful time - thinking about you and just remember this time WILL pass - your body is stronger than you think and has amazing powers of recovery, but it takes time with this thing so hang in there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.