How I fixed my acid reflux

Posted , 11 users are following.

After constantly getting prescribed PPIs I decided that they did not work to solve my problem so I did my own research and came across some conflicting information. That is that acid reflux in most cases is not too much acid it is however not enough acid. So with this information I hesitantly decided to take Betaine HCL which is readily available online. After 3 days of using this product my acid reflux disappeared as did most of my other digestive problems. So I would suggest if you are the end of your rope, maybe give it a try.

3 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your welcome! It's not available in the UK. Here at the ststes he is the only doctor who performs it.

You can look into Gerdx surgery they offer in Germany in Youtube. It's very invasive and little downtime

• Posted

This thread is quite heartwarming. Doctors tend to believe that Plus do more than restrict stomach acid. They also speed up the repair of the walls of the esophagus.

Personally I think that medical science has been a little low on GI matters. Doctors seem to think once reflux is not directly life-threatening, the pain is no big deal. How I wish they knew how badly some of us suffer.

My BP and heart rate keep bungie jumping each time an episode is imminent or afoot. And the pain. Oh , sometimes 9 over 10.

• Posted

Hi guys, I just had a word with my doctor. This procedure seems to be indicated for hiatal conditions. For ppl who have been ruled out of hiatus by barium swallow like me, looks like me, the search continues.

• Posted

My reflux started after a bout of gastritis when I had started eating again so I think it is quite possible my problem is low acid. But on the doctor's recommendation I started on PPIs. Possibly a mistake and I can't tolerate them anyway, so now on Ranitidine 150mg. I also have (likely related) persistent hiccups and am in the middle of a load of diagnostic tests and totally miserable. I'm in the UK and unless you are being 'fast tracked' for something life threatening, you are likely to have to wait weeks or longer to even just see a consultant prior to a test/procedure.

Not getting any burning but still getting gas and backing up. Today I got a pill stuck when swallowing and ended up coughing up my entire breakfast 😦

I suspect I have a hiatal hernia and that I may well need a procedure to fix this.

In the meantime am trying everything. Have started eating low carb (google it). Plus just found a brilliant resource. Google 'Down with Acid' - you can get it as a free download.

• Posted

is it still working for you? my reflux gives me so much pain under my sterum it puts me in panic mode. gone to er several times and not heart of course i would appreciate an update from you chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.