How is everyone??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Its 1038pm here.. I have been anxious for going on my third day now (which is normal, ill usually go into a bit of a slump every few days).. The weird thing is I dont feel anxious.. My body is so ungodly anxious but my mind has stayed calm.. Or its the other way around, i cant tell anymore. I find myself more and more telling myself that something bad is bound to happen soon. I mentally dont allow myself to have a good day.. Ive talked myself so much into anxiety that Im afraid if i say i had a good day, God will notice and have something horrible happen to me. Does anybody else feel like this? I tell myself one bad thing that happens per day. Im too scared to tell myself something good that happened..I think it comes from my mom and I always saying "if we didnt have bad luck, wed have no luck at all".. Ive always had bad luck, but lucky on other things also.. I dont know why i think God is going to punish me constantly, but i even find myself praying alot more than I used too. (Which is great, I just wish i could start praying without the reason of fear and anticipation behind it)

Im not really looking for advice in this one, just wanted to vent and maybe find some awake people to talk to.. and im a bit curious if anyone else is scared to have a good day.. I know a few of you are probably getting annoyed with my frequent posts, but i only have the people on here to discuss my problems with, mainly because everyone around me assumes i should be better by now and basically tells me to get over it.. 

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I just wanted to say I pray alot too like everyday all day long and I'm alittle different in the sense of scared to have a good day I'm scared and fear that I'll never know what normal felt like since all this came crashing down on me on a totally different level.i m also told nothing wrong with me to get over it but I sure do feel all these symptoms that are definitely real. I'm taking it day by day and some days minute by minute this is the most sick twisted stuff that's been brought upon human beings. Hang in there hope all gets better soon

• Posted

Hello there we are all here to help each other out.. I'm not afraid to have a good day however I am scare of feeling sick all day or even being home alone. It's been a few months already sense I've been like this and its just frustrating. I cant wait until I'm finally completely better. I need help over coming my negativity & all the fears that I have.

• Posted

Anxiety and depression are really just different presentations of the same thing
    • Posted

Are they? Please tell me your references which say that.
    • Posted

Discussions with many psychotherapists over the years. It's not a controversial view, it's pretty well known

• Posted

None of the sites I have visited support your hypothesis.

It does seem to be controversial, and not pretty well known.

• Posted

hello jmcg2014. I am finding it difficult to agree with you because I suffer with health anxiety and am never ever depressed. Frustrated, yes, and sick to death of feeling anxious, but certainly not depressed. Guess we all have a different take on things. Lily xx
    • Posted

It's ok, you don't have to agree at all, it's just how it is. I seldom feel depressed more anxious, but that's because it's how it presents, every psychotherapist will tell you the same

• Posted

I cannot find any evidence that anxiety and depression are different presentations of the same thing anywhere.
    • Posted

No disrespect towards jmcg but I agree with you. On the journey of my life, with AD as a companion for many years, I can honestly say I have never been depressed.

I was  told by those treating me that whilst those suffering from depression exhibit similiar symptoms of those suffering Anxiety Disorder, they are seperate illnesses, that they do not go hand in hand.

Still it's interesting smile I shall poke my nose into the subject. Never too old to learn.

• Posted

Again though, just because any of us only suffer one aspect, doesn't mean they aren't the same thing, it's only because out chemistry is making it present is that one way and not the other. It's no disrespect to me at all, it's not my theory, it's the theory given out by the experts in the field

• Posted

In my opinion...half with bad depression, or bioolar (as they are starting to pop that in there now as well) .. do seem to get anxiety along the way. I Think they say about half who begin with depression or bipolar get anxiety. It doesnt always work in reverse . Anxiety in its core is different. An arguement can be made being anxious all the time would make you depressed. Id say eh. You have a different mindset depending on what door you came thru to even obtain the anxiety. *A never ending arguement im sure. The documentation, depending on where you obtain it will supoort either argument but its the source that makes the difference. Google sucks. In the end thru spect imaging in the end concludes no they are not the same.  

This is why meds for anti depressants only work maybe half the time in people with anxiety. Thats a statistcal fact and sadly many companies pulled out of research and development as they cant find one that does cure it to begin with it.  Many psychiatrist, especially the older ones, more complacent ones or ones who just want to do their "job" and go home  will clump it all together. Why not same meds right.

Time will reveal what anxiety disorders really are, i dont know when but they will. Or maybe the labels are all wrong  all together. Who knows. People are being diagnoses in epidemic proportions  which in and of itself is messed up. I think some of the diagnoses are just wrong So they either need new labels or better science in all this. But feeling like the world is over and wanting death and emoty on a consistent basis is noway the same as walking along the street and getting some horrible panic attack.with an adrenaline rush that subsides in abiut ten or fifteen minutes, So agree to disagree or whatever.

Maybe if a person bounces between the two its more of a bipolar thing but again its all garbage labels anyway.  Unkess they have an actual cure and treatment for each.then they can label away.

people all need to stop believing in  science as some kind of religon. Truly everything is as good as the last theory. the last trend.  They change things up so much. All it does is limit you to heal. 

• Posted

I would have hated you to think I was being argumentative because I wasn't. I'd never heard of such a link and it went against that which I was taught. That being said it doesn't mean it doesn't exist and as I stated, we are never too old to learn, especially from each other. We are all here to help one another along.

• Posted

I must add I cannot believe  depression can ignite Anxiety Disorder but I can believe that Anxiety Disorder might trigger depression. But that is my personal take on things
    • Posted

You are too sweet there helen. This whole forum is just a persons opinion or life experience. Haha you are absolutely allowed  yours.  We all agree it sucks, all of it. Thats i think is the universal undertone here. We all want relief and live our lives with ease. So maybe the labels given are wrong.. Who knows.
    • Posted

Think about this helen. If you are depressed all the time. I think depression is consistent. Those chemical embalnces stregnthen The mind and body come to only know saddness or whatever stronger word exists for that feeling. I dont know it. Then a deeply depressed person would wander there thoughts into wanting to end their life. Stay in that mode all the time wouldnt it eventually trigger the fight or flight system to go off. Thats our survivor mode. If depressiin (if..if) brings you to threaten your own survival wouldnt or couldnt that trigger anxiety. In a mechanical sense. Just a thought. Im not sure what depression is i want to just say that clearly so i dont know that end of this) 
    • Posted

Not a theory I had considered to be honest. But doesn't one have to be in a state of anxiety to trigger the adrenal gland? Those with depression are apathetic. I don't know, Lisa. It's a complicated subject smile

• Posted

Honestly i have the anxiety part no depression so i have no real clue. I dont think they are the same i think somehow they have the ability to trigger each other. I dont know. 
    • Posted

No, I don't believe that any of us know for certain. But the marvellous thing is, by Forum members putting forth their beliefs, their experiences, we see things from a different perspective. How good is that? It's excellentwink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.