How is everyone??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Its 1038pm here.. I have been anxious for going on my third day now (which is normal, ill usually go into a bit of a slump every few days).. The weird thing is I dont feel anxious.. My body is so ungodly anxious but my mind has stayed calm.. Or its the other way around, i cant tell anymore. I find myself more and more telling myself that something bad is bound to happen soon. I mentally dont allow myself to have a good day.. Ive talked myself so much into anxiety that Im afraid if i say i had a good day, God will notice and have something horrible happen to me. Does anybody else feel like this? I tell myself one bad thing that happens per day. Im too scared to tell myself something good that happened..I think it comes from my mom and I always saying "if we didnt have bad luck, wed have no luck at all".. Ive always had bad luck, but lucky on other things also.. I dont know why i think God is going to punish me constantly, but i even find myself praying alot more than I used too. (Which is great, I just wish i could start praying without the reason of fear and anticipation behind it)

Im not really looking for advice in this one, just wanted to vent and maybe find some awake people to talk to.. and im a bit curious if anyone else is scared to have a good day.. I know a few of you are probably getting annoyed with my frequent posts, but i only have the people on here to discuss my problems with, mainly because everyone around me assumes i should be better by now and basically tells me to get over it.. 

2 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My forums seem to be getting some hot debates lately 😂 all just agree to disagree. I have actually heard both sides of this, and can say for certain people it really does seem true, where others have absolutely no experience of this being the case..

• Posted

Well hot debates are no bad thing. If we don't ask questions we never find answers. Other than that it's interesting to know the opionions of others and to learn from them and their experiences.

It's not about agreeing nor disagreeing, well not to me anyway. It's about sharing and pooling ideas, thoughts,  knowledge

• Posted

I've been depressed a few times in my life but have never had anxiety - well, not to the extent of many suffering people on this forum. I just meant that in the queue for scary rides at the fair, for example, I feel scared - even though I joined the queue!

But I don't suffer the awful anxiety that I've read about on this forum - health anxiety, particularly. If a doctor tells me I'm fine, I believe the doctor.

I don't go to the ER innumerable times thinking I had a heart attack. I went once when I had chest pain, and was told there was nothing wrong with my heart.

Please, please don't think I am disrespecting or laughing at people who DO go to the ER innumerable times for the same thing. I do understand that this itself is an illness (Health Anxiety) and I feel useless when trying to help any of you, because I simply cannot relate to it.

But depresion - yes. Three times in my life i have had bad depression. Each time, it got better after anti-depressants and therapy.

So I don't know if the two are different manifestations of the same thing. I am willing to be convinced if I can find something to support the hypothesis, but I cannot. In fact, all the learned journals are saying just the opposite.

And Anx, It's a good thing to thrash these things out. Your posts have certainly provoked a good deal of debate, but you don't have to feel bad about that.

I was under the impression that Health Anxiety is a form of OCD, and nobody with depression (as far as I know) has that - or do they?

• Posted

Ah Tess, but you do help people! Myself included. I have the utmost respect, admiration and affection for you. I regard you as a friend in whom I can ( and do ) confide.

No one with an ounce of intelligence would ever accuse you of being disrespectful or of laughing at people.

Yes, we walk a tightrope when our opinions differ from others. But only a fool takes offence. What would the Forum be like were we all to agree with one another for the sake of harmony? It would disintegrate into a complete and utter shambles.

Im know I am outspoken but I try to be hones. I would never set out to hurt anyone's feelings  Nor to impose my beliefs upon anyone else. And I hope I am open  minded to differing opinions. It was interesting (well to me anyway ) to read everyone's viewpoint upon this subject. Sometimes such variances might make me see things in a different light, other times it might strengthen my own belief. But it's all good.

In this instance my mind was not changed despite careful consideration. I do not believe anxiety and depression are a combined illness. That doesn't mean to say I think I am right and others are wrong. It merely means that this is my personal concusion.based upon my own experience and those AD or Depression  sufferers whom  I know of personally.

Hugs to everyone, and I mean everyone...well, nearly everyone...lolredface

• Posted

I'm not really sure how it all works, I do know some doctors clump health anxiety in with ocd, while others Mark is as general anxiety.

It seems like many doctors are just as confused as us about mental health, as many doctors haven't experienced it so they don't exactly know how severe it is, while some state's just generally try to ignore the whole issue because they're not trained properly.

If I could trade health anxiety for just general anxiety, I would in a heartbeat. Depression though, not so much. My best friend of 23 years hung himself in 2013 because he was severly depressed and NOBODY knew.. He played so happy. Because of that incident, I will always hold a special place in my heart for those who suffer with depression. Its just weird to think of how these imbalances effect people.

• Posted

How awful.

My son's friend's father disappeared suddenly about fifteen years. He had never spoken of depression and was happy with his wife and family.

The police searched everywhere. Or at least the family THOUGHT they searched everywhere.

Two weeks after his disappearance, his wife went into the garden shed. She found her husband, who had hanged himself. It seemed, and still seems, inexplicable.

You're right. Some people with appalling depression can hide it. That is its tragedy.

Tess

• Posted

At this time the internet is full of the wrath of god and Societies last days.

Some pages at this time are looking out for the beginning of WW 3. Society is breaking down and America is near on collapse as are their banks in Europe and America, Sad to say the world will end on the day after my birthday and to be honest reading and watching this does my head in.

I have come to the conclusion as long as I am a good person and I will be raised above all that is evil the Rapture is for me

Our lives as depressives do not need to have these worries at any time and it does not need disbelievers to explain we are not rightous and god loving.

All I say is if our lives are used up and set for damnation, what can we do ?

we are put here to learn and live our lives to the best of our ability Our Lord cannot ask for anything more of us

We need to live for the day and leave tomorrow for another day

Please stop worrying what can we do, nothing really.

Keep a hold

BB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.