How is the Xmas shopping going?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies

How are we all getting on with xmas shopping? Has anyone managed to get out to a xmas party?

This year I have got out and done my xmas shopping and managed my works meal. Last xmas was just about impossible due to the anxiety and panic and other menopause symptoms.

Time will improve your symptoms. Try to stay positive. I know it's easier said than done but I was a mess for a lot of this year x

5 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi michelle, I did some was done online still avoid cues...I'm better then before but still Anxiety issues from time time, and hoping I will be able to be free of it one day and not be afraid to go out far, but as you said with time.

• Posted

I can do cues more now than 6 months ago. I've done a good half of my presents online. I've gone shopping with my mum a couple of times to see what she likes. I'm really trying to think positively now. I have accepted it now and am trying to stay calm.

• Posted

Such nice postsmile You made me smile. Thank you.

I am almost done with the shopping. Most of it done onlinerolleyes but went to stores too. Anxiety canget bad when the stores are so busy. I am very nervous about the money I spent and at the same time I worry if I have enough for everyone. I still need to get ready for the family arriving. Need to stock the fridge. There seem to be milion things to do. I think that my anxiety is a bit better than last year, but I am not sure. I hardly remember last year. Just that I tried skiing for the first time and it felt great. Anyway....I feel tired most of the time and try to do a little everyday. Writting this I am thinking of a napsmile 

I do hope you all have an awesome holiday season and year. 

I thank you again for the nice post.

• Posted

Merry Christmas and I hope a better 2017 than 2016. It sounds that we both had a terrible 2016! I want to forget it and look forward to a healthier and more positive year 🍷

• Posted

I join the club as well for it 2016. Hope 2017 is better with some answers.
  • Posted

Some online shopping and some in stores...it wasn't that bad. Just wait until next week. It'll be crazy. Ive just been hit with all these peri symptoms this year. Hopefully 2017 will be better. Fingers crossed.

• Posted

I am able to do a lot more than I was last year and half of this year!  so all good now.  The bad days are fewer and further apart, so we're all getting there!  I do pity other women who have to get through the worst part, hope that never returns.  wishing you a great xmas and new year!

• Posted

Same to you! The days are a lot further apart. I seem a lot more positive the last month or so. I've read so much on wellbeing during perimenopause. The thing that helped me the most in my darkest hours were this forum. Thanks to the ladies who helped me through this year 🎅

• Posted

Well done Michelle!! I think that must be the worst of it over for you, don't look back now, onwards and upwards 👍🏼

I hope you enjoy your Christmas and all the best in the new year

Lots of love ??X

• Posted

Hi Michelle! Glad you are getting on well, & managed your works party. I've done all my xmas shopping online this year, & i finally went back to work very very part time last week now i am on some additional meds to slow my bowels(& in turn reduce the pain) down. They still havnen't pinpointed the actual cause of my chronic bowel problems, & I am now under another hospital in my region for a 2nd opinion (my gastro consultants idea!!)

It is a real tonic to be back at work and amongst people again. i feel like i have purpose to my day again. they are phasing me back over 4-6wks, my employers have been fabulously supportive with me.  I've got to have a hysteroscopy with biopsies under ga in january because of the findings on my recent transvaginal ultrasound (womb lining 11mm & the layers appear to merge in places, & cystic area below right ovary). I've had one before, so not worried about the actual procedure, & i always feel like I've slept for 3days when i have a ga (wonderful!)  just hope the results are nothing to worry about.  Its my day off today, & I'm wrapping presents this afternoon which i love doing as i think about the recipients faces when they open them!!!

Merry Christmas Hun.

xxxxx

• Posted

I'm so glad you're able to go back to work now. It makes a massive difference,a reason to get up. I hope your results are all good news. Have a great Christmas xxx

• Posted

Merry Christmas LooLoo. 

Pleased for you that you are well enough to enjoy work, take care.

I am wrapping this afternoon, once I have found where I have hidden all the presents! Where do I hide everything from the granchildren when they visit? I can't put anything under the tree till Christmas Eve. A nice problem to have I guess.

Have a lovely day xx

• Posted

i have to hide presents everywhere too Maisie -  from my hubby!!! they are dotted about in all my wardrobes in our bedroom & spare room! i managed to find them all though!

Merry Christmas to you too. 

xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.