How is the Xmas shopping going?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi ladies

How are we all getting on with xmas shopping? Has anyone managed to get out to a xmas party?

This year I have got out and done my xmas shopping and managed my works meal. Last xmas was just about impossible due to the anxiety and panic and other menopause symptoms.

Time will improve your symptoms. Try to stay positive. I know it's easier said than done but I was a mess for a lot of this year x

5 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Merry Christmas to you Michelle,

all the present shopping done now apart from food shopping to do. One day at a time, is how I'm getting through this busy time. I panic if I think too far forward. Tree decorated this weekend, cards written and posted yesterday. Wrapping today. I hate it when people say 'are you ready for Christmas'? early December! makes me panic, it will all be done by the 24th.

I will remember your words to 'stay positive'. Thank you xx 

• Posted

Hi Maisie

I've got one little present to get today. I've wrapped just about all of them. I'm like you when people ask me if I'm ready for Xmas the beginning of December. I'll get all my vegetables on Friday I think. Unfortunately I've had a nasty fluey bug which has been going around. It's been awful.

How are you now? Do you still get panicky feelings that come on you? Xxx

• Posted

Oh no, get some honey and lemon and make a warm drink.

Yes sometimes all of a sudden I find I'm shallow breathing and my mouth goes dry, I tell myself to breathe slowly and deeply through my nose and sit calmly for a few minutes. I do enjoy my Pilates class. A peaceful hour to myself once a week. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.