How long...@

Posted , 9 users are following.

from when you get referred do you get your operation?

thanks!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Mine was just over 2 weeks and had the band done thief tenon at 4pm sitting up in bed now :0
    • Posted

I did brilliantly with y band - unfortunately it slipped and my aftercare was rubbish so I had to have it removed - gutted but hoping the future looks bright now I have been referred
  • Posted

Hi dizzy had mine done at Derby was nearest place to have it done to where i live it took 3weeks from referral to first appointment was told I meet criteria by my gp and was accepted straight away I had two other appointments both with a dietician I didn't have to do milk diet but had to follow not fat or suger diet to shrink liver and only had to do it for a week from appointment with consultant to having it done was about 6mnths nearly a year from referral by gp am now 6weeks out of surgery today and the recovery period has been really easy only had a few days I'll and eating has not been a problem traditions have been smooth between each stage think I have been lucky but feel really well so hope you hear soon and that everything goes ok
    • Posted

Mand it sounds incredible - I think Oxford has quite hard criteria so I am lucky I am being considered but I know it's a long road - I am so glad it worked out for you like that! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.