How long after symptoms from an outbreak can you have sex

Posted , 14 users are following.

Today I was stressed out about something and I felt what usually feels like to me the oncoming of an outbreak. I checked but there are no signs of blisters. I'm on suppressive therapy and have been so for about a year and a half now. I doubled up on valtrex today to try to stop the outbreak in it's tracks. My boyfriend is coming to visit in 2 days and I just wanted know was it safe to have sex.

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My GF and i had sex the night before i had an outbreak. I did not have any signs or symptoms prior to the outbreak and when it came up i freaked out. I was positive my GF contracted H2. She does know i have it and she i accepting to it. It has been 18 days and there is no signs of her having an out break. I healed within 12-14days of the outbreak and waited a couple of more days to have sex. We did have sex with out a condom and now im wondering if 18 days was long enough to wait. Or should i have waited longer? Im getting nervous.

I took acyclovir for 5 days and then stopped.

• Posted

No symptom you can resume but try to use condom thought its not 100% safe

How you know she has too ?

• Posted

We dont know if she has it, i just assumed she contracted it because 8 hours after having sex i had an outbreak. But its been 19 days now and she has not had any outbreaks or little symptoms.
    • Posted

I’m going through the same situation,  I wanted to know did she contract the virus ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.