How long does it take for antibiotics to work for kidney inf

Posted , 29 users are following.

Just been prescribed ciprofloxacin for kidney infection wondering how long it take to work, was told 48 hours by GP but still feel really ill after 4 days. Never had this before so not sure how long it will last.

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have just diagnosed myself 3 days ago with a kindey infection I have been put on antibiotics for it I took the last one today .... and im still in agony with my middle back left hand side my abdomen and groin area too ... and to top that I feel really nauseated weak plus I'm not even in my own city so I had to go a walk in center where I am ..... and it looks as though I will be going again tomorrow as they don't seem to have worked so I think I am going to need a higher or different pill altogether. ... and to put icing on this cake I'm trying to look after my sick friend too ... wI should me luck tomorrow and I really hope that all of you feel lots better real soon smile ×

• Posted

Hi, was just reaching out to see how you are feeling now. I've been diagnosed with a kidney infection a few months ago and have used three courses of antibiotics over time. I did get relief however the infection seems to have come back. The left back/buttocks pain, back pain, stomach pain, lightheadedness, hot/cold feeling. It's the worst. I'm using all natural medicine between appointments until I go see my Dr. Hope I get relief soon.

• Posted

I have a infection been on antibiotics for 3days have got worse with pain and sickness second urine test showed blood in urine now waiting on scan to check gallbladder and kidneys I have been like this for 10 days
    • Posted

How long for recovery
  • Posted

I'm the same it's dragging o am scared and worried.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.