How Long does it take for the an irritated urethra to heal on its own?

Posted , 14 users are following.

I made a huge mistake of masturbsting and drinking lots of water when I finished ejaculating and urinating soon after. I felt a painful burning sensation around my penis for a while but that quickly subsided but left a constant burning irritarion in my urethra that hasn t left since. Its only been a couple of days but I really want to treat/soothe this asap. Is there any remedies, ointments, or medication I can use to treat this or should I just leave it alone/ not masturbate and hopefully goes away after a couple of days/weeks? Im not circumcised btw

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Gow,

i am sorry no-one has responded to you but would hope by now you are much improved or at least no worse and also, feeling less anxious.

This is not specifically my area but I would suggest that in the last two lines of your post,  you have already answered your own enquiry.

You do not state your age nor circumstances,  but if you are a minor you should still be able to see your GP independently and confidentially. 

Drinking plenty of of water is good.  If the irritation persists,  and /or you have a discharge, and/or your urine smells foul, an infection may have developed.   Under those circumstances,  you should try to see your Doctor without delay as antibiotics and/or an alkaline agent may be required.

Hopefully you will recover soon and then largely follow your own advice.  Remember nothing that induces self-harm,   can be considered beneficial.

• Posted

Hello Dudley, really appreciate the response. Sorry forgot to mention that I'm 26 and I guess I should mention that I was masturbating without lubrication, which probably led to this. Anyways I guess right now the burning sensation seems to have calmed down and right now it feels like a mild sting around the urethra, so hopefully it gets better from there.It doesn't hurt but it does feel annoying, and I'm not seeing any inflamation or infection so that's good, doesn't burn when urinating either. It's only been 5 days and I heard it typically takes around 2-3 weeks to heal on its own so we'll see. 
    • Posted

Good,  it sounds like you are on the road to recovery.  You have had a lucky escape and a cheap lesson.
  • Posted

Hey Gow wondering if you ever got this resolved. I've been dealing with similar symptoms for the last 3 month. Blood and urine come back negative for infection. Microscopic blood seen in urine. Prostate is ok and so is PSA (1.9). Was on cypro for 19 days, then. Ceftin. Uro said symproms overlap prostatitis and interstitial cystitis. But first uro never scoped me.

Im now on my 2nd urologist in 3 months. Still some microscopic blood in urine. He scoped me and said no strictures or scaring in the urethra but did see some inflammation. I'm 39 btw. He said he could only treat symptoms since there wasn't anything else there. Gave me script for valium to relax pelvic floor muscles. He said I could have non bacterial prostatitis as well.

He want's to follow up in 6 weeks. Not sure what will change in 6 weeks that hasn't changed in 3 months.

Oh and the damn irritation from having been scoped amplified the irritation I was already having. It's only been 3 days but praying for relief soon.

Thanks.

• Posted

Hey there keep us posted what happens next. Hopefully you'll be okay.
    • Posted

Hello dear, i am ashish from India, i had been facing same problem for last two months, i went to a vd doctor 4 days back he did my herpes test which was although negative but he gave me itralase 200 and herpikind 400 along with one dose of aziclass of 2 tablets together, for last for days i got relief,. May be this will help dear, i wish and pray u get relief soon. Ashish

• Posted

hi , how are you feeling now . did you had a long term effect of the cystocopy

• Posted

Were you cured?  I am having similar symptoms.  Please let me know.  Hopefully you were cured and that is why you are no longer posting on this forum.
    • Posted

Hi,

If you are still having same symptoms and if it happened due to masturbation, I would suggest you to stop masturbation (self, bed humping, other hum pings) immediately. It happened for me and I did not take it as a problem. I thought it's because I am masturbating lot of times in a week, my penis was soar and hence I stopped it for a month to see what happens. After a month, everything seemed to settle and I thought I was back to normal. BUT A BIG FAT NOOO. From then I was jerking off now and then giving few days gap. But after two years of doing the routine, one day my urethra completely closed leaving space for drops of urine to go out. This led to bladder inflammation (why ? because you cannot urinate completely and so the urine starts piling up in your bladder as you take fluids). After few days it opened a bit where I can pee in drops. As my bladder inflamed and I continue to pee in drops, the bladder problem became severe. I had lot of pain (cannot explain in words) during pee. Then the doctor performed cystoscopy and confirmed it's urethral stricture. As far as my knowledge, this disease does not have 100% cure. Every procedure is trial and error and varies from person to person.

This is a huge problem which will prevent you from your normal life style (a huge difference). So I sincerely suggest anyone who don't want their life to be in burden especially with such strictures which makes you pay (money, life style, time, creates new health problems, discourage you in several ways, cannot be sociable..........every other disadvantages that comes with it). Don't look for virtual pleasures, be natural and be happy in your with at-least in terms of good health.

I would like to start a blog to explain the severity of this problem and what you can do and what you cannot do from my experiences. Please do not think I am over exaggerating the issue but only I knew the suffering I have gone through and I would like to help as much as I can to avoid such situations for other people around the world. After all, we are humans and helping each other cannot make harm and least it would make people to gain knowledge on this on going issue that has no 100% cure.

• Posted

hi . have you get any treatment for the stricture . how are you feeling now . i am having same issues

• Posted

Hi,

I have gone through urethrotomy 2 months back and now the stricture has recurred. Currently I am suffering from the stricture again.

How is your condition and how did you get the stricture?

Thanks

• Posted

i was straining to pee for almost 2 weeks . so i went to the doctor and they did retrograde urethrogram . after the procedure i figured out my urine split into two . i was told them that it will go away and the results was normal . after that i went to see another who made me do cystocopy and the results came back normal . after those procedures then the situation started where the urine stream is low with a weak force . have you try bee pollen . check your inbox

• Posted

hey. how are you now? i am also going through same problem. for me also it looks like it is linked with masturbation. i leave it for some time and whenever i masturbate it comes back again. i will have to leave it completely i guess. but what is your state now?

• Posted

Hey there,

NEVER EVER leave a UTI to heal on its own. I repeat this is a big mistake! If indeed you have managed to get yourself infected with a UTI, you want to get it resolved ASAP else you risk the chance of having it spread to your bladder and then after to your kidneys. And trust me you do not want that.

First, I would like to mention, urinating right after masturbating is going to give a burning sensation. This is normal and happens as there is a reaction between a base and an acid, but it should go away within hours top.

When I had a UTI i went to see a GP and was put on antibiotics for a while. It did improve my condition but the UTI recurred. Fortunately, I was recommend to take some natural supplements which have been a life changer actually. I know stick to natural ways of resolving health problems

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.