How long does urgency and frequency side effect last with celexa?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Going nuts, how long before it goes away? On 10 mgs now for 2 wks

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Nancy,

Also cut out caffeine and sugar from your diet. Make sure you eat with your celexa 

• Posted

Hi Nancy,

Have upped my meds recently and yes, frequently needing to pee is definitely a side effect.

It will go, though, I remember from before.

Went out with friends on Sunday and was continually running to the bathroom.

This also happened on withdrawing from and coming off the drug the first time. One thing I have done is to cut out refined sugar except for very occasional treats, and another is that I hardly drink any caffeine now, couple of cups of tea in the morning, and that's my caffeine for the day. That one alone has made a difference.

Two weeks is early days, I know it says side effects wear off after two weeks on the leaflet inside these drug packages, but honestly I've found a month to be closer to the truth... and sometimes a bit longer. But it will wear off. I reckon you'll be OK in a couple of weeks. Hang in there!

• Posted

Thanks for the encouragement, doc prescribed eneblex as I'm going nuts with this. Don't want to change med, so we'll see how it works. I'm very sensitive to everything right now, keep your fingers crossed. Bless you for your friendship.

• Posted

You're welcome. It's often hard getting onto and settling on these things.... but is worth it in the end.

• Posted

Nancy you are not alone. I also went off celexa for a few months and had to get back on and I am currently on week 4. The first 3 weeks were a nightmare. I had every side effect in the book. Week 4 Im noticing I am more anxious and my sleep is still not that great. I have been walking every day, meditating, yoga, reading my bible, journalling and seeing a therapist. I just cant shake the nervousness that seems to paralyze me at times. Its mainly when I have to go out and be social or just do my typical errand. My question is I was originally on 20 mgs when I started celexa a few years back do you think me being on 10 mgs  right now it wont really do anything? I feel when I was tapering off I felt pretty good on 10mgs it was until I hit 5 mgs and below where I started to feel it. Thank you in advance! Hang in there!
    • Posted

Jazmin, don't mean to butt in, but lots of people recover on 10mg. Worked for me before. The very fact that it's having these effects on you shows that it's beginning to do something in your system, and as you know, the full benefits take time to show.

Also feeling worse before I feel better, at the moment. Even with a tiny, subtle change to dosing.

• Posted

Doc has me on lorazapam too. My anxiety was off the charts before I went back on. Helps with anxiety and sleep. Going into wk 4. I'm praying for all of us on here, also walking, journaling, reading my bible. I know it's not easy, but everyone says it gets better. I was doing fine on 10 mg before, would like to stay there. Don't want to go through anymore side effects. A little worried about lorazapam, but will deal with that later. As long as my anxiety stays low and I can sleep, I'm okay right now. Hang in there everyone, Bless you all

• Posted

Press the message icon next to the person you want to private message and go from there..
  • Posted

You must of disabled private messsging in your settings. I can’t respond back to you. It’s blocked. 
  • Posted

hi Nancy

i read your posts and am going thru the same thing!

i know it was a while ago -

How long did the peeing last for? when did you get over it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.