How many of you have experienced fever for an extended period of time (2+ months) with Mono / EBV?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am beginning to feel pretty hopeless and stressed to the brink of exhaustion, worrying that this is either something else, or that it will never end. I hate having fevers more than anything, I always have, and with this mono, for 4 months now, every day, I have had a fever. It's usually low grade, not going above 100.00, it's usually 99.5-99.9. May not be a fever, but it is higher than normal and i certainly feel feverish. It's pretty scary that my doctor even seems puzzled, the only comfort is hearing others stories... has anyone else had a low grade fever for this long? Thanks. I am 21 by the way.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hope you guys are feeling great this week.

I am having abit of a dodgy day today - abit anxious, tired, visual disturbances etc. Just having one of those days where laying down on a sofa or bed would be more comfortable than sitting upright in an office chair.

• Posted

Hoping so much you are feeling a bit more settled by the time you get this message Kay - it must be very frightening when you have those kind of symptoms for sure - I know it can take confidence away when you try to do positive things like work and get on with things and then feel overwhelmed or unable to because of the symptoms and circumstances, it's a horrible experience Kay. Just remember it's only temporary when anything like this happens and I still think it's amazing how you've been able to keep working, and remember at any time you have the option to step back and take rest, your health is always more important than work, just hoping and praying God can allow you to feel well when working and fill you with new strength and confidence.

My week has been not too bad, had a bit of a wobble yesterday with the back pain bothering me and getting me down again, made me realise still got a way to go to get back to working fully and have the confidence to do the things I used to, but hoping and praying God gives me the mindset and determination and the tools to get there.

I know a lot of the guys here on the forum are into sports and athletics. Yesterday was watching an interview on the BBC Sport app with Michael Johnson, talking about his recovery from a stroke in the last few months. Even this super fit world record breaking man said he was frightened and had to apply the Olympic mindset just to approaching his recovery, and that at first it took him 15 minutes to walk 200m, the world record which he held at 19.32 seconds at one point.

Anyway just thought that was worth sharing worth a watch if you can find the interview / article!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks Craig. My confidence has definitely had a big blow with this whole thing. I can't wait for the day when all this will be behind me. Let's hope it will be soon.

The sleep was not to bad lastnight but still feeling abit fatigued and drained today.

• Posted

Definitely Kay I understand completely, my confidence took a real blow when going through this too and it took me a while to rebuild again - it takes time Kay but you will get there I truly believe you will. Also needing God to help rebuild my confidence in many areas too, just that I can function well and normally and be able to work again and believe with God's help can overcome pain and distress and any mountains that seem be in our way, with His help only of course.

Hoping you can manage to get through the day and to the weekend not feeling too drained or tired and then are able to rest more for a couple of days. Thinking of you!

Craig

• Posted

Thanks very much Craig. I do hope so too.

I have also booked 10-14 December off work just to rest and do nothing.

• Posted

Sounds like a good plan to me Kay - something I hope to look forward to over the next couple of weeks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.