How many of you have had the low appitite with Sertraline

Posted , 5 users are following.

After being diegnosed with depression Christmas 2013 I was perscribed calitropram. I came off this due to my appitie increaseing so much and binge eating (increasing weight by nearly two stone). Before the depression I was a fit, strong and healthy lady. The depression doesn't seem to have got any better and i have now been perscribed Sertraline, I am worried that the appitite won't drop. Please could you let me know if more of you have had a decresse in appitite than an increase. Thank you.  

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Early on I felt nausea, which lessened my appetite. When  this settles though I do find with Sertraline that it speeds up my digestion and I actually have more hunger! I also notice it feels like it knocks my body into more of a rhythm & I'm hungry at more regular times and I also get tired & sleep in more of a routine. 
    • Posted

I hope that Sertraline will lower my apitite or knock my body back into a rhythm. I've only taken them for the last two night so I will have to wait and see. Thank you for your reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.