How mobile should I be by now

Posted , 6 users are following.

I had my tkr three weeks ago tomorrow. I am down to one stick. I can walk about the house with no sticks. My concern is the heel slides. I can get 90 degrees but it brings a pain on the outside of my knee that I have to stop. Every other exercise is no problem whatsoever

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

The bend will happen with time, patience and continuity. Remember, healing from this surgery isn't a lineal aspect. Two steps forward and 1 back means you are moving ahead and that's all you can hope for. Get plenty of water and rest. Those two aspects will create the proper base for healing.

• Posted

First, there is no "should"...ever...  We're all different.  Give up comparisons and expectations...you'll sleep better.

There might be some tips in here for you...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/tkr-heel-slide-exercises-526213

You're only three weeks...full recovery will likely take a year.  Ya gotta expect some pain...  If it's excessive, back off.  PT should be starting soon...

• Posted

I'm not getting any PT, I was given a sheet showing me what exercises to do. I'm realising I'm being to impatient so just gonna go with the flow. Thanks for everyone's advice, much appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.