How removing non working gallbladder will solve digestion issues and bloating?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with barretts esophagus with no dyspepsia. Done 3 times endoscopy with diagnosis as Gastritis in the span of 10 years.  Ultra sound no gallstones. colonoscopy no issues.  Hida scan shows my gall bladder ejection fraction is 0%.

The very first  symptoms are acid reflux whenever i eat fatty/oily foods during my first 5 years. then slowly extreme fatigue started even with less oil /fatty food and started getting pain on the right side of the rib.

current symptoms :-

these symptoms varies each time. I feel bloated every other day!

1) Bloated stomach some time on left side around rib area.

2) Bloated stomach some time on right side around rib area and some dull pain.

3) entire stomach is bloated.

frequent burping occurs instantly after having food.

My general physician says only after removing the gallbladder  we will come to know if its is gastritis or gb causing the issue, but gastro says it may not be due to gallbladder.  so far gastritis is not resolved  at the same time having non working gallbladder with 0% ejection fraction, not sure which path to follow. There 

How does removing the non working gall bladder help with bloating and digestion issues as it is anyway not working at all and the bile is already flowing in the another bile duct to intestine? i haven't got concrete answers with any of the doctors so far. I understand it may help to relieve the pain , but my pain is not severe enough. Please share your experiences.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you get better?!  I'm just reading up on gallbladder as they are debating on me?!!!  I've been sick almost 2 years, lost almost 50 pounds & can't eat much.  I'll so fed up!!!!  I have many of the symptoms but no pain.  Bad neasea & bloating, gas & a 2.5 cm gallstone.  I'm asking for the gallbladder function test.  They thought I had gastropresis as my stomach is slightly slow digesting.  I read comments here about yellow stool which I've had since sick!  Hard to know what to do or get a surgeon to take it out?!  

• Posted

I had 2 scopes (one at the start) & one after 7 months & both times they took a biopsy for HPylori.  I thought I had that as so many did I spoke to & hoped that was it?!  I read it can be deep in the tissue but the gastroenterologist said if you know where to look they'd find it?!  Both were negative but does it ever feel like a stomach infection?!  Thanks for mentioning it.  

• Posted

I did not remove my gallbladder yet. Im under strict diet..no fried food, fatty or protein foods. This helps me with the gall bladder pain as I have Gallstones and non working gb.

I don't have diarrhea. I suffer every day with severe stomach bloating where my stomach swells after eating bland diet , that causes severe dizziness and burping and extreme fatigue. I also have gastritis, so doctor feel the issue may or may not solve after gb removal..so it's a gamble for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.