How soon were over 65 ies with cemented posterior walking independently.

Posted , 11 users are following.

I'm 4 weeks post op. Told to stay on 2 crutches for 5 weeks then on to one before seeing consultant at the end of week 6.

I can only take a few steps without crutches and can only walk a half mile with 2 crutches when weather let's me out.

. I've just read someone at 18 days walking 3 to 4 k. Should I be doing more. Doing exercise in book 3 times daily. A family member thinks fear is keeping me back but I still have pain in weight bearing fully.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Morning all  I have just walked round the room on 2sticks which somehow seems better than 2 crutches! Back on crutches now because housework calls Having an uncharacteristic positive moment earlier I decided it is better to have a pain free Charlie Chaplin walk than a painful one. I too have given up comparing myself to others probably because I was always way below them! However I am back working because a lot of work can be done from home and this is a morale boost Hope you all have a good day and don't worry about the waddles.
  • Posted

Maybe it's a bit of fear and not being ready from a healing perspective. The physio had to tell me to use my hip.....I'd spent so long avoiding its use due to pain I am having to rewire my brain to use both legs equally.

Good luck with your recovery and maybe try not to compare....

🌈💌🌈💌

• Posted

That is exactly what I have to do, it is harder than it sounds. with each step I am thinking of walking in the new way.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.