How to beat Tramadol withdrawal so very easily.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Ok...I have been taking 50mg pills x2 4 x a day. 8 being the maximum dosage for months. When I decided to try go without them I had (zero) side effects. Ouside of the expected bowel loosening. This is natural and wholly expected when ceasing a narcotic. I take Cymbalta for nerve pain, it is an SSRI(Anti-Depressant) that has been been found to help nuropothy. The withdrawls you are feeling when you stop Tramadol is SSRI withdrawl. A short run of these meds will greatly assist, if not completely abate the symptoms. I have not taken any tramadol for 8 days and have had no symptoms beside the frequent run to the latrine. A simple over the counter anti-diarheal will control this well. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I will help you if I can. Good luck and ALWAYS talk to your physician about any med changes. SSRI withdrawl is uncomfortable, yet rarely dangerous. ally helped me, I was wounded in Iraq during an ambush and will likely be treatd for my remaining years. It is a much safer route over other meds ike oxycodone. Trust me when I say withdrawl from those is every level of Dante's hell. 

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So far..the people that I have helped with drug withdrawl say that 5-Htp and SamE work the best. Although I have never tried these, it works for them. 
  • Posted

Everyone be careful with "natural" supplements also. They can interact with other meds. I'm currently tapering of Clonazepam an when I have tried 5-HTP an Sam-E, first one gave me more than usual palpitations an the other hortible diaherra fr one pill. So just research an check with pharmacists or your Dr. Clonazepam is the devil to get off. It's veeerrry slow going to get off. I won't be off (hopefully) till near Thanksgiving(Nov.27th) fr Sept.15.started at 2- .5mg pills. Was put on it fr detoxing off Tramadol for RLS an anxiety fr stopping an opiate.  I want off!! Sooner the better. Withdrawing even slow has side effects. I pretty much feel cruddy most days. 
  • Posted

I'm not going sure if I understand you correctly. You switched from Tramadol to Cymbalta and felt the same effect? I did great with Tramadol for a while then it became toxic to my system and stopped cold turkey. That was a nightmare. But I recently heard that Cymbalta is similar and easier to have prescribed.
  • Posted

It is interesting that a person would have to withdraw from tramadol. I have been using the same dose for 5 Years. My doctor went out of  town for a couple months andI was unable to refill by the tramadol. I just simple stoped no ill affects at all.. Keep you dosage low enough to not have to up the dosage. If you are in true pain learn how to work with a lower dose.
  • Posted

I hope you are still around to help me. I have had 2 micro distectomies on my lumbar in the past 5 years. I'm an RN and my pain management MD is on maternity leave. The MD who saw me yesterday won't refill a thing as she says I take too much. The usual prescribing MD who's on leave is aware what I take. I always get my meds filled when it's time and I never run out. Anyway it's been time for my tramadol refill I have 3 pills left. I take 4 pills total a day for the past 4 years for sciatica pain. They are 50mg each. I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I have 3 left as the fill in MD won't refill this. What do I do? I never had to worry about the withdrawals if any and also what about the pain? Typing now I'm a 4/10 left buttocks anyway I do have Percocet that is prescribed to me as well 1 every 6 hours that I take but I hate to take the Percocet to fill in for the tramadol. Unless it will help. I get to see my real MD in 1 month when she is back from maternity. Thanks and I pray you can help me

• Posted

Hello tallsarge, I've been taking 250mg frequently but can't say daily, I've only taken 500mg like 2 or 3 times, I went cold turkey 13days ago not knowing you have to taper it off, I'm only having migraine and some feelings in my legs, don't think I have other symptoms anymore, is there any possibility of seizure or any other thing dangerous and how soon should all this withdrawal symptoms go finally? I can say I've taken it more than more than a year or less , anything from you would help please, thank you.

• Posted

What kind of dose of  cymbolta did you take to help with tramadol withdrawl?? 

Thx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.