How to come off Citalipram after 10 days?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've been taking Citalipram for about 10 days, took 10mg for 7 days, went to 20mg for 2 days then didn't take a tablet and had a couple of glasses of champagne. Worst night of my life! Dizzy, numb arms and hands, upset stomach (constantly on the loo) waves of panic and nausea for hours! Back on 10mg for two days and think I'd like to stop taking them. Does anyone know if taking 5mg a day for a while will be about right to slowly come off after such a short time? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think Niki is that you have to make that choice only you really know how you feel. If I could turn the clock back would I took these in the first place . well yes and no .

No because I don't THINK i would ever come off them .but that's not all bad. . and yes because what I have been taught not to take on board stuff that really doesn't matter .I have a more clear head now and do things for me me too .nkt just for everyone else. We all got here some how .its time for all of us to maybe learn by our mistakes not to take crap or do to much. Or just except we can't change some things how ever much we try. So be kind to your self smile a bit more and give your self time to heel.

• Posted

I think after reading all your lovely comments I will stay on the 10mg for now and hope the symptoms go soon, I want to enjoy my Christmas! I'll speak to my doctor in the new year. Merry Christmas everyone, thank you for your help X
  • Posted

You too nikki ♥

Don't forget we don't close at Christmas! Lol. We are open 24/7 and are herefor you anytime 😊

god bless xxx

• Posted

Thank you Lorraine! Do you know on average how long the initial symptoms last? I feel nauseous on and off during the day which comes with a mild panic.
    • Posted

Not sure why the question marks appeared in my last message!! Probably when I'm trying to work out smiley faces! Sorry xx
    • Posted

Hi nikki

I had a dreadful time with nausea to be honest I got anti sickness tablets from the doctor which really helped me. It took about 15 days for it to subside. But each time my dose was put up...I got it again how many days in are you now?

Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, today will be day 13, I usually take them in the evening. Hopefully then it will soon pass, if I'm lucky, by Christmas Day! I wonder sometimes if not eating much also makes it worse, my appetite seems to have gone somewhat.
    • Posted

Hi nikki

you are right not eating definitely delays recovery. But it'sso difficult to eat when you feel nauseous and zero appetite. I would have a bottle of water and a little mouthful of food and swallow each mouthful of food with a swig of Water, force feeding was the only way I could eat! Most of the time I would spare myself the ordeal and just drink chocolate Complan drink and a banana daily.

I think you are really close to being rid of your side effects. Don't forget your omega 3 this is natural and really good for the brain.

If you get time let me know how you are tomorrow xxx

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, I'm feeling much better today, I've been to hypnotherapy this morning which I think also helps. Thank you for your support. xxx
    • Posted

Hi nikki

you are from the heart welcome ♥

Are you feeling any better today? Glad you managed to get out today and hope your hypnotherapy helped a bit.

Please keep me updated on your progress xxx

• Posted

I will Lorraine, I have felt much better today, no worrying at all. Have a great Christmas xxx
    • Posted

Wonderful nikki ♥

You have a great one and don't forget if you need us...We are hear for you xxx

• Posted

Hi, do you reckon hypnotherapy is a good idea, I've been thinking about it myself xxx
    • Posted

Hi Marf, yes I definitely think hypno is a good idea. I wish I'd tried it before starting on Cittalopram xxx
    • Posted

Hi Lorraine, I made the stupid decision of cutting my tablet slightly last night. I had the horrible feelings washing over me again early hours, also feel nauseous and arms are cold/tingly feeling. I'm really concerned that these are withdrawal symptoms that are going to be worse when I come off the Cit altogether. I will take a full dose tonight. Is it possible the weird feeling is my blood pressure dropping? xxx
    • Posted

Hi nikki

honey I think it's down to the half tablet giving your system an incorrect balance. Right now your brain is trying to get the balancing act correctly. Unfortunately this is the bit that takes time. Try not to mess about with the doses as you don't want to delay your recovery and get those additional side effects.

Don't worry about when it's time to come off them. When done properly it's a doddle. Key is you have got to we'll before trying to come off.

How you feeling now? Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.