how to cope with Vertigo dizziness and whoozy feeling???

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, have had experienced the awful feeling of vertigo 5 weeks back had been diagnosed with bppv. Have this dizzy spells all the time and feel like i wil fall if i look down or up. I can walk slowly now and do stuff but haven't been to work for 5 weeks now, so scared it might happen again. Don't feel like sleeping as well thinking it might happen again. 

I did abit of google and there are reoccurence as well which is freaking me out. Wil this dizziness be always there or go away. Feel so helpless and thinking why me??? How do u deal with this???

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Yes, vertigo can and does affect your version. If you’re not getting anywhere with the ENT’s the next doctor to try is usually a neurologist. I’m not a fan of doctors who just give out medication for nausea without diagnosing or trying to figure out the root of a problem. I know some doctors do that because they think it’s minor and will go away, but it’ll only cover up some of the symptoms without really fixing the cause. I hope you’re able to find a doctor who is willing to work with you and figure out what’s causing your vertigo.
  • Posted

I have just ( yesterday) been diagnosed with Vertigo after an awful first attack of tge room spinning violently, my eyes not focussing then nausea nausea nausea. 

I was given a treatment by the hospital physio apparently to assist with correcting the " crystals" wandering in my ear canal. It was a nasty experience I've been given a set of exercises to do.i have felt tired and woozy since yesterday. I cant lower my head ..or roll over without dizziness and eye rolling. Can I drive? I need to drive. Can anyone advise please? 

• Posted

hi i know how you  feel iv been like this for 5 years its so depressing but i do have glucoma so i think this has caused me to feek like this ans i cant take any tablet due to the glucoma people do reckon taking some sort of exercise so i would have a look on the forum see what you find hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

Hey how you guys doing my name is Jim and I also have a little problem as well about three months ago in the winter I had my right ear it was clogged and I was thinking maybe it might be built up ear wax but I went to the doctor and the doctor said that I had a sinus infection he didn't really give me any any medications or prescription so I was relieved that I went to the doctor but then all the sudden I started getting the spinning sensation well not really spinning but an unbalanced feeling I noticed every time I sit down or I'm relaxing because I love to fish so when I'm sitting down fishing or when I'm at home watching TV or on the computer on the laptop I feel totally fine but when I start walking a certain amount of time that's when it kicks in it feels like walking on sand it I feel very unbalanced and it definitely freaks me out now I'm thinking it might be due to my ear since I did have a problem with it I'm hoping but I also tend to understand that the more that I worry the more the anxiety builds and the worst it gets

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.