How to curb Appetite

Posted , 10 users are following.

That husband of mine again!

Pred liable to increae weight - also increases appetite.

Blood glucose levels up also.

I've told him that the narrow breadsticks may be low in carbs and sugar - but not if he keeps munching them. He's gone up to the back bedroom where the TV is - no munchies up there.

Spends most afternoons in his shed (a mile away) with classic tractors, motor bike and miners' lamps - no munchies there (AFIK) and a fair amount of activity and exercise.

Otherwise I can't think of anything else to combat the munchies - any ideas welcome.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If it’s at all possible, start by eliminating everything with glucose fructose and artificial sweeteners. It’s the sugar that kills.  Once that’s successful, you can start cherry picking and eliminating other refined carbs. It takes a bit of adapting but you’ll be shocked and pleased  by how much energy is released when the body is off the sugar roller coaster.  The weight loss is just icing on the cake (pun intended)

Best of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.