how to get diagnosis?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive had a constant headache and neckache for nearly 4 years. Have been to hosp and had xrays/mri/spect scan but still no help.they seem mire concerned with the weakness in my right hand/arm.

It all started 4 years ago. Also im constantly tired and now have an intolerence to alcohol(previously was party girl and drank my body weight!)

Have had previous back and knee surgery but told unrelated.

4 years of constant head in a vice and a rigormortis neck is driving me insane!

It was my boyfriend who found out about fibromyalgia and so far only 1 healthcare prof has said is poss.no one else listens or they say its too hard to diagnose. Any ideas?

it controls my life(have tried all alternative medicines)

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you or the dr thinks it maybe Fibromyalgia or any other autoimmune issue then please ask for a referral to a Rhumotologist- they are the ones who have diagnosed nearly everyone I know that has Fibro and other related issues..try keeping stress less it's the key to living with this Fibro..have a lovely day Beth ..be blessed..and please keep us up to date, we really do care.....:-) xxx
    • Posted

Oh thanku so much. Yes will defianately mention that at my next hosp apt.

Hate it as controls my life.

Hope you are ok.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.