how to get over sucidal thoughts

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi im 21 and at this time in life I want to end my life as I feel the world would be best of without me in at. and id be better of dead as noone wants me or koves me anymore. I want to kniw the best way to die with out pain and ive made my mind up I think I realy want to die

0 likes, 63 replies

63 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hey Lauren,did you not ring your Drs,was it too difficult.Treat each thing as a challenege.So fiorst make the appt then when you have done that prepare for the appointment itself,you need to write your feelings down when you are at your lowest,and show this to your GP and members of your family.I know from experience your family will find out at some point and they will feel bad that you didnt confide in them.They wont laugh at you,nothing that makes you unhappy is going to cause them to make fun of you.I am with my parents for a few days and I stress before going but I always enjoy it when im there.Now they know the situation,its easier to talk to them.So try and share a little information and go from there.

You have courage because you are talking on this forum.

• Posted

I was exactly the same. I could not tell my family too. Eventually I had no choice because they knew something was wrong as I became more isolated and would lock myself in my house. I was very paranoid and worried that someone out that was after me. My parents became more suspicious and suspected even more that something wasn't right. It came to the point were I had no choice but to tell them that I didn't feel right and that I was on antidepressants.

I was quite surprised and overwhelmed by the support I received from them. They supported me through a rough time with being victimized by neighbours, car being vandalized and having to give up my job after 15 years of being employed. They were there for me no matter what happened. When I was in hospital, they took in my 2 dogs and looked after my 3 cats. When I eventually came home from hospital, I moved into their house and I am still there after being discharged last July.

I have been on a lot of medication but unfortunately they didn't work and now I am on the right one from hospital but about 6 weeks ago I wasn't feeling well again so now I have to take lithium and I can feel an improvement with this. My mum did not like the idea of me taking it because of the side effects but now she's glad as she can see an improvement.

It come to the point now were I am preparing my self to go back home again which is a huge decision and this is all down to the service I've received from my therapist, psyche, social worker, good close friends and I certainly must not forget, my family.

The more support you receive from the people around you the more you will feel loved and worth living for. Yes, I won't lie, it had been hard and a very long journey but I'm still here with my family who love me as much as I love them. I have more good days than bad days now but I learn to cope with it and you will too.

You just have to make that first step Hun. Be brave. You are not the only one in a bad place.

• Posted

rang and made apointment but backed out at last min
  • Posted

ive locked me sf in my room before for a week didnr come out just sat in a vorner crying
  • Posted

Lauren, no-one can begin to help you unless you are willing to help yourself. Just think of your life right now as a plane going down, are you going to stay on or jump to save your life?
  • Posted

Lauren I impressed that you made the Drs appointment,I know you backed out and I have done that myself,but ring the surgery again make another appointment and read this back before you go,so it reminds you of how low you are feeling and see if you can manage the appointment this time,.I promise you will not regret it,they will understand where you are coming from.
  • Posted

ill rong them firts thing tomorrow see what they say coz I hate livimg like thia I used to be outgoing and happy now its like im not the same person
  • Posted

Lauren, you need to ring the Samaritans; I believe that they are the only ones who can help you in view of all that you have said. They will give you all the advice you need and help you along the path to recovery. Nothing else we say here can do anything more than that.
  • Posted

I know thanks for aall the help just dont know the num
  • Posted

Lauren if you look back at the beginning of the discussion you will see the number for the Samaritans which I gave you.Whats the worst that can happen if you ring them
  • Posted

What area of the uk you are from Lauren? Trying to see if can look up local services for you.
  • Posted

Lauren I will send you a private message if that is ok hun. I might be able to help you if I can.

No offence to others xx

• Posted

I've sent you a message so check your message box x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.