How to pee when you are having a outbreak

Posted , 37 users are following.

I was diagnosed with type one herpes on my genital area about two weeks ago. During my first outbreak was horrible, I could barely walk, it burned and iched really bad. When I used the bathroom it would burn, I had to pee in a tub filled with warm water, it still burned just not as bad. I kept thinking to myself it doesn't burn when my pee doesn't touch the sores, so I thought of standing up, pulling my lips apart and try peeing like that. It did not burn at all. I fell in love with this because I was able to pee without waiting to fill the tub up and I was able to pee in public. I would put gloves on also and have warm wet cloth rags around so I could wipe afterwards. I wanted to share this because I feel like other people could really try and maybe when they pee during a outbreak it won't burn as bad.

During my outbreak I wore cotton underwear, I rest the whole time I had it. I also was on my period and had a uti during my outbreak. When I first was told I had herpes I thought my life was over. I never cried so much in my life, but now that my first outbreak is over, I realized it isn't that bad. And I'll be just fine! I hope this helped!

7 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's also useful to drink lots of water to keep your urine diluted, because for many folk, the burning isn't just when urine hits the sores outside, but when it passes over sores inside the urethra.

• Posted

Have read peeing in a bath aleviates some of the Burning ...

Hope you are better ♡

• Posted

What does the sore generally look like I think I have herpes but I was tested last year for everything and it didn't show up

• Posted

Mine just look like bumps under the skin, some look worse than that, like blisters, and they're pretty much everywhere

• Posted

hi Megan I'm currently having genital herpes too sad it hurts rly bad when I pee would like to ask how many attacks you had from the type1 herpes after your first outbreak?

• Posted

I hope this helps someone tho this discussion is a little dated. I recently self diagnosed after excruciating symptoms from the first OB. I have come to terms with everything except the painful blisters while peeing! But this tip helped sooooo much! Pouring water while peeing helps TREMENDOUSLY. I don't even feel the sting. Just take a coffee cup in a period bag to work or wherever you go so this terrible virus doesn't stop you from your daily life. I hope this helps someone!!

• Edited

I know this is a bit late but it might help someone else. I'm big into the holistic healing and doing everything I can to help my body be 100 percent. I recently was diagnosed with herpes and, just like everyone, thought my life was over. I'm still in the middle of my first OB but I'm already learning a ton. Coconut oil and tea tree oil didn't help with my pain at all. I tried lysine to no avail but bactine spray helped a bit. I am 22 and live in colorado and so i went to one of the dispensaries that my parents go to and bought a bunch of stuff. Funny enough the only thing that helps with the pain from the sores was the cooling and warming lube that I got just because I was desperate. I also hold open the labia and tilt forward when I pee which has helped a ton. I actually cried when I discovered the solution. I'm an ex Marine so stuff doesn't normally bother me but man I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Hope this helps.

• Edited

Thank you so much? I was diagnosed today and it's been so rough. And peeing has sent me into tears today. Hope it gets better soon

• Posted

Fill a douche bottle with warm water, insert while sitting on toliet and squeeze while you pee. Dilutes the pee so it doesnt burn. Blow dry well after. Clean and dry best way to heal faster. L glutamine helps as well. 
  • Posted

I am going through the exact same thing. Thank you so much. Also, wearing tampons during this, helps a bunch.

• Edited

Can i just say thank you for the replies on this discussion im 18 and not taking finding out too well and i cry everytime i pee, nice to know that people have experienced/going through the same thing. Hope you all get better soon with as little pain as possible x
    • Edited

i know this is super late but i was just diagnosed with herpes today aswell and i feel like my world is shattered...i am 18 years old and got it from someone who told me before hand they were tested.i just wanted to say that its so uplifting to read about other people my age and in general who are going through the same thing. also bath trick isnt doing anything for me lol!

• Edited

Okay so I’ve recently been diagnosed with hsv 2. I’m taking acyclovir and I was told that I had a yeast infection along with bacterial vaginosis 😢. It burns to the core to pee and it hurts to sit, Hell even sleep right at night.. I need help trying to figure out to properly take care of myself while going through a ob!!!!

• Posted

Proper ph helps alot.  Look up boric acid suppositories on amazon, will help alot. Also have a douche kit hanging on the shower near the toliet helps alot with peeing. Fill with warm water and hold down there when you pee, it won't burn as bad. Bactine spray helps with pain and itching. Keep area clean and dry. Blow dryer on low cool setting. 

• Posted

Girl, I know the feeling. I just got diagnosed yesterday and let me tell you trying to go to the restroom is a struggle. Not to mention I started my period after I found out. 😭 it sucks, it really does but girl we are all strong, we got this. Even if it feels like the lowest part of our lives. Keep your head up sweetie.??

• Edited

This was my diagnosis as of yesterday. HSV-2, yeast infection and BV. I havent cried this much in a while. I just wanted to say that seeing all these posts is definitely helping.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.