How to pee when you are having a outbreak

Posted , 37 users are following.

I was diagnosed with type one herpes on my genital area about two weeks ago. During my first outbreak was horrible, I could barely walk, it burned and iched really bad. When I used the bathroom it would burn, I had to pee in a tub filled with warm water, it still burned just not as bad. I kept thinking to myself it doesn't burn when my pee doesn't touch the sores, so I thought of standing up, pulling my lips apart and try peeing like that. It did not burn at all. I fell in love with this because I was able to pee without waiting to fill the tub up and I was able to pee in public. I would put gloves on also and have warm wet cloth rags around so I could wipe afterwards. I wanted to share this because I feel like other people could really try and maybe when they pee during a outbreak it won't burn as bad.

During my outbreak I wore cotton underwear, I rest the whole time I had it. I also was on my period and had a uti during my outbreak. When I first was told I had herpes I thought my life was over. I never cried so much in my life, but now that my first outbreak is over, I realized it isn't that bad. And I'll be just fine! I hope this helped!

7 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It's a unbearable pain when I have to pee, the burning sensation I can't take anymore, I bawl my eyes out every time I pee. I found out yesterday I have genital herpes, and world feels so dark, I feel gross because of this, I haven't stopped crying since I found out, I just want the pain to go away already

• Posted

I'm so sorry I know how hard this is sad It does get easier when you learn to manage. Fill a douche bottle with warm water, insert while sitting on toliet and squeeze while you pee. Dilutes the pee so it doesnt burn. Blow dry well after. Queen V makes really good boric acid inserts to help restore ph after because sometimes yeast infections and BV can follow a bad outbreak. Clean and dry best way to heal faster. Bactine spray helps with pain to numb the area as well. Some people use Aloe vera burn gel they sell at walgreens. Drying the area after using any of these is essential. L glutamine helps as well. 

Report this

? 0

• Posted

Do you have any pictures of what the herpes looked like I’m so afraid I have them I was told it an alergic reaction but it looks really bad more like herpes to me 
  • Edited

Hello,

Hope I can help. 2 weeks ago I was overseas with my fiancé, after intercourse I felt some sharp uncomfortable pain, so I decided not to continue. On my way back from that country I noticed how more painful it got. I was nauseated , tired, sleepy. Literarily on my 2nd day it was it I couldn’t pee, the pain was so crucial, it’s like you are peeing acid out while someone is cutting you with a blade, crazy description, so I go to ER they run million tests, and only found UTI , and after my results came in from culture they found strep. I got prescribed Penicillin500mg  3 times a day 7days for my UTI. Problem didn’t go away, I decided to look myself and noticed on the inside of my labia open sores, looks like popped blister with pus coming out, and some white looking pimples. Everytime I would want to pee I would cry, nothing helped, some people said pulling the lips back and pee standing up, ok that honestly didn’t work much, my best solution was getting little baby tub , filling it up with warm water and adding baking soda 4 full tbsp , leave the tub in your bath tub , get used to cause now this is your day to day toilet, put your butt and vagina into that baby tub , start peeing by putting pressure on top of your lips, pee slowly , as soon as you done, pore the water out, pore another warm water with baking soda or iodine ( you can buy at target or cvs) 4-5 drops sit in that water for like 10 minutes. Come out dry out carefully by patting with towel, then use hair dryer on cool high , don’t wear any panties, let it breathe, it will still hurt even with those baths but it’s better than without. Forget about work and public places, you will need to stay home since you can’t pee anywhere else. My doctor also prescribed me lidocaine 2% viscous gel, to numb, it doesn’t help much maybe just like 2%. Also for herpes they prescribed me Acyclovir 200 mg 5times per day for 10 days, it’s my 2nd day of taking the pills and it started to feel better a bit , you should start feeling better my doctor said on 2-3day of your treatment. Remember stress, lack of sleep , plane rides will make it worse. Keep taking baking soda or iodine baths it helps to dry out your herpes, they will never go away, my doctor says , they haven’t found cure for it, it just hides in your body, first outbreak is the worse. Just make sure that next time if you feel like it’s about to come back take one of those pills and then see your doctor next day, faster you fix it better you will feel. Remember to drink water, and nothing else that might make your pee more acidic, including foods/fruits . I’m sorry but it is the most uncomfortable painful experience ever! Do let your partners know, so they get Checked, even if they don’t have outbreaks, they can go and request to take blood test or other test specifying for herpes. Since most places never run tests on herpes, just main hepatitis b, gonorrhea , chlamydia, etc. always make sure to specify . Really wish everyone patience , trust I didn’t have one 

• Posted

I'm a man that has HSV 2, but I can give you a tip that helps me with sores and pain. Fill a little travel sized spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide. When you notice any blisters, spray the areas. The white bubbling tells you where ALL the blisters are, helps with pain, and dries them out faster. Doing this after the shower works best. Also, be warned, and not to be too graphic or forward, but if you have dark pubic hair it will turn it a lighter shade, almost red. 😁 Hope that helps!

• Posted

I found out I have HPV-2 a week ago 😦

When you urinate, I found out it only burns when the urine runs over the sores. If you hold your vag lips open and lean forward, there is literally no burning bc the urine doesnt get the chance to touch the sores. If there is any burning it will be mild and a cold tissue pressed to your vag will help. Also wash your hands after this bc of the direct contact. Wearing a cotton stayfree pad and cotton underwear has helped so much with pain too because it keeps the sores from touching your underwear fabric. Drinking plenty of water eventually makes it easier to urinate as it dilutes the urine. Using carmex or blistex on a cotton swab and applying it to sores can be soothing and dries the sores out quicker. All this + Valtrex & I was ok after 4 days. I had to share bc this is the worst ever

• Posted

hi, i was just diagnosed with herpes yesterday, im 18 as well and slept with 3 people. one was my ex who i know for sure didnt have it but then i slept with this one guy a month ago and nothing was wrong but i recently had sex with my now boyfriend and broke out 3 days after so im not sure if it was him who gave it to me or not. i dont wanaa ask untill this other guy gets tested just so i dont scare him. do yall think its possible i could have gotten it from the guy who i had sex with a month ago???

• Posted

girl, godbless, i will have to try all these tips. Diagnosed a couple days ago and its been hell, hoping it gets better but seeing these comments gives me hope.

• Edited

I know this thread is old but I made an account just to reply to this. Just to share my story and possibly give comfort to someone who may be going through the same thing as me. Along with giving another possibly solution to the issue this thread is about that I haven't seen yet. Because while it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for someone else. I recently turned 22 years old and have been diagnosed with genital herpes from cold sores. The most logical explanation is that my boyfriend gave it to me considering we had oral sex not long before I started showing symptoms. I'm not mad at him. Not even close to annoyed with him. Many people, including myself until now, aren't aware that cold sores is herpes. He's had them on and off on his lip since he was a kid, and even I have gotten them way before meeting him.

But while my relationship is all well and good, the pain this outbreak has given me both mentally and physically is something I wouldn't wish on anyone. I've felt scared, like my sex life was over, and the pain made it impossible to get comfortable. Nothing compared to the pain that I would experience when I tried to pee though. I'd only pee a tiny bit and it felt like I was dying. The cause of my metaphorical death being what felt like acid being poured on my vagina. The pain was so great that I would experience suicidal thoughts. Which I haven't experienced in a long time. I tried everything to make my experience even slightly less painful. Peeing in the tub, numbing cream, trying to block off my sores from my urine, drinking lots of water as always, painkillers, even diaper rash cream per my doctor's recommendation. Nothing worked. It got to the point that I'd only pee a bit, feel that intense pain, and then my body would retain the rest of the urine.

In the end, my boyfriend took me to the ER and they decided to insert a Foley catheter because that was the only way I was able to relieve my bladder. It's been a few days now, I got the catheter removed on Saturday, and I haven't experienced pain while urinating since. Or even at all. I assume I'm over the worst of it now. So now I'm just trying to speed up the healing process with Epsom salt baths and applying 100% aloe vera to the area. Both of which are a huge help and something I probably should have tried to do earlier on. If I didn't have the support from my boyfriend, my friends, my boyfriend's family, and my family, I don't know how I would've gotten through it.

So the point of my story is that it's a very painful experience in many ways, but it's not the end. It doesn't define you, you're not "damaged goods" it doesn't mean your sex life is over, and anyone who is truly someone that has your back won't abandon you just because you have it. Whether they're a partner, a friend, or a family member. It's painful, it's scary, but many people get through it and so can you! And as I said at the beginning, diaper rash cream is a method I haven't seen anyone mention yet but just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it can't work for you.

• Edited

This is a really big help, im having an outbreak right now!! All that you mentioned is so true 😭 it really hurts a lot!! I just started my meds today!

• Posted

so am i. it sucks, and the hardest part is accepting it. i found out almost 7 months ago and still have not accepted it.

• Posted

this is my first time as well. how long did you have the catheter in? im to the point where i might have to go into er for 1

• Edited

wow, ive never felt so much relief in my life to read these responses. i got diagnosed yesterday & I've never cried so much. I felt disgusted with myself & the pain has been unbearable, does it ever get better. I can't get it though my head that I'm scared to pee because the pain is so intense. How long does this burning last? I've tried aquaphor but my pain is so intense i can't even touch myself. I read in a comment that they opened the lips, but I'm in so much pain i can barely even wipe let alone open up 😦 please someone help. I'm praying for us all, this is literally the ugliest disease.

• Posted

i know this is an older thread but i actually cried from relief on the tips on how to pee! its been a life changing.

• Edited

i know this is an older thread but i actually cried from relief on the tips on how to pee! its been a life changing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.