How to take coconut oil and stool softeners question

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I am going to make this as short as possible. I am male 52 Y.O. in the USA.

I used to eat like a pig, get constipated, forcing like an animal while on the toilet.

I developped a fissure and 3 hemorhoids.

I am getting the hemorrhoids currently banded (1 done so far.)

The fissure is absolutely killing me at times.

After a bowel movement, I have to count 7 hours to be totally pain free (The pain is off and on, not all the time.)

I have changed my diet a 100%. I eat a high fiber diet, drink 3 quarts of water daily.

Still when I have to go to the bathroom, the first like 3 or 4 inches of my poop are hard enough to force me to strain to evacuate. I know it's a NO NO to force.

I just read a lot about my condition and am going to try 2 things:

The first one is coconut oil. Some people make suppositories out of them, I don't really feel at first like doing that.

Shall I put some coconut oil in a bath twice a day? How much oil in the bath?

Shall I instead apply some with my fingers on the outside of my anus?

My doctor gave me a cream that had to be mixed from a compound center and it doesn't seem to help.

Second are stool softeners which I was trying to avoid but have no choice to use.

I read to stay away from "Laxatives" which your body becomes dependent on, and use just simple "Stool softeners".

I am looking at either "Dulcolax" or "Colace". Does anyone has any experience with stoll softeners?

Any input with anything above will be greatly appreciated.

Thxs a lot

Pat

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

u should a combo of lactulose + milk of magnesia ( 2.5 ml + 2.5 ml) of course the dosage depends on the amount of food u eat ,if u eat like a pig , then u ll have to take gud amount of these laxatives , lactulose increases peristalsis while milk of magnesia softens stool ,so this will definitely work , nifepidine is must too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.