How to take Naltrexone on a full life schedule

Posted , 10 users are following.

This will be my last post for awhile as I only have one concern.  I am afraid to take this due to the next day side effects.  I have a full schedule as I have a lot going on.  I have dental appointments, work, work meetings, outpatient counseling, group therapy, etc... I cannot find ONE day that I have nothing going the next day.  June perhaps, but NOTHING in May.  People say the next day could be tough to function and I am extremely nervous about starting this when I can't find a day I have nothing going on.  I am functioning alcoholic except for last Thursday evening, ugh!  So, since I function on alcohol I also have things planned. Should I wait until I have time in June or how can I fit this into a full planned month?   

1 like, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I agree with Joanna's post completely. Again I may come across as harsh but IF you really want this you will do it. I honestly think from reading a few of your posts lately that you are making every excuse you can!

I hope you make the right choice. The way you're going you won't have a choice to make before long.

• Posted

Hi Kelly. Please keep posting as it helps others like me who are also on naltrexone. The questions and comments you posted for Joanna are relevant and I'm so glad you have queried this. It is very very helpful and extremely important to those on this site, either thinking of starting it, have just started or been on it several weeks, like me. I am sure Joanna and others have learnt a little more about the Sinclair method yesterday, so thank you.

Im sorry but I've only just come on this discussion so not sure if you are drinking daily still. All I can say is that, yes some do get side effects( mainly feeling abit nauseous and headache) and I moaned abit about it at the start, but I don't see the point in half a tablet at all. Because the side effects are nothing compared to a hangover. And I'm quite sensitive to meds(antidepressants and penicillin). So just go for it. Don't worry.

sending you my best wishes x

• Posted

Thank you Paper.  I was going to stay off of here for about a week so I could come back on with info  on how I'm doing.  I've decided to go back to the route I took before with the baclofen (trying that again before the naltrexone).  Last time I had 2 weeks sober I was taking baclofen but stopped because I thought I felt better.  Two days later I relapsed.  I started the baclofen last evening.  I believe it was the beginning of April when I had that period of sobriety.  I didn't realize until doing some reading that because I stopped it is probably why I got sudden cravings.  Since I know my body is not overly sensitive to baclofen I am trying that first.  Should I fail then I will move onto the naltrexone.  Thank you for your concern.  smile 
    • Posted

For sure, Kelly. Whatever gets the job done, that's what's important. Just make sure your doc knows in case he wants to adjust your other meds because of the baclofen. 
    • Posted

Thank you.  My doctor knew I tried the Baclofen route before and nothing changed with my meds.  But, thank you for bringing that to my attention.  Any little advice helps! 
    • Posted

Keep posting and let us know how you're doing, we want to make sure things are working for you. Plus, somebody else is going to see this thread and decide to make a positive turn in their life.
    • Posted

Aaawwwhhh thank you!  I will definitely keep in touch....for sure!
  • Posted

Aww, well done in making positive steps forward. I truelly hope it works for you. Please keep me posted, either on the forum or pm. Wishing you lots of hope and blessings x
  • Posted

Was just thinking Kelly. I'm not sure if you've seen my past posts when I took baclofen in the past(2011) for several months. It didn't work very well for me and had to stop taking it as the side effects were too much. A lot worse than naltrexone. Though I do realise that we all react differently to meds. Hope you're doing well x
    • Posted

I did come across that as I was doing more research on the Baclofen.  I will just take it one day at a time and see how it goes.  It was O.K. for two weeks.  Plus, I like that I remain abstinent on this med.  Only time will tell.  Maybe there is another med out there that can get me through my cravings after I get through the withdrawal period on Baclofen.  I just want to remain abstinent.  Like I said, Naltrexone is on stand by.  I'm open to all options.  
    • Posted

I'm not sure I remember this Paper, do you drink at all?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.